Assistant Director of Development Services: New position now available in Institutional Advancement. The Assistant Director of Development Services works with the Associate Vice President for Development and Campaign Operations to manage the information services support areas of Institutional Advancement. This position will help coordinate gift processing, stewardship and reporting, constituent records, scholarship reporting, and the corporate matching gift program. This position will also fill information requests and support the implementation of development programs. The Assistant Director of Development Services reports the Associate Vice President for Development and Campaign Operations.
• Works to optimize the use of development/alumni database system to support fundraising and constituent relations goals related to development and capital campaign efforts.
• Responds to information requests for data and fundraising lists.
• Oversees the gift accounting process to ensure the proper acceptance, tracking and recording of charitable gifts and commitments in accordance with University policy, state and federal laws, and IRS regulations. Works with Business and Controller Offices to reconcile gifts received and to create new gift funds.
• Develops strategies to improve the integrity of our constituent and donor records.
• Supervises the work of the Constituent and Gift Records Assistant.
• Oversees donor stewardship activities to establish and maintain donor acknowledgement and recognition services for timely reporting on gifts and to maintain strong donor relations.
• Oversees the scholarship program for endowed and non-endowed scholarships created through charitable gifts. This includes procedures, documentation, tracking, reporting and stewardship.
• Manages the corporate matching gift program.
• Helps with the development and monitoring of performance measures and benchmarks.
• Develops an understanding of alumni, development and capital campaign programs and takes a pro-active role to support them.
• Assists in the preparation of proposals, including scholarship agreements, charitable gift annuity calculations, declarations of intent, etc.
• Assists with the implementation of fundraising activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Preferred Experience: Bachelor’s degree highly preferred but may be substituted with applicable work experience. The Assistant Director of Development Services should be a professional with a minimum of two to three years of progressive experience in database management and reporting. The candidate should have an understanding of fundraising support services preferably with a non-profit or higher education institution. Proven experience with Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software preferred. Good organizational and communications skills are necessary.
The Assistant Director of Development Services should be familiar with and thoroughly committed to the mission, vision and heritage of Asbury University possessing the ability to relate to and communicate with the various constituencies of the institution in an effective manner. The successful candidate must model the spiritual, personal, and professional qualities described in the University’s Handbook for Community Life and should be active in the Church and committed to the fundamental doctrines of the Wesleyan and Holiness movements.
Posted: 9/19/2013 Deadline: Until filled
Asbury University - 30+ days ago