Responsible to: Director of Environmental Services. Communicates with all necessary team members.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of environmental and laundry services practices and procedures pertaining to health care facility operations.
• Ability to supervise the work of front line environmental services staff.
• Good organization and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to work independently of the Director of Environmental Services.
• Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
• Bilingual capability in the Spanish language preferred.
• Must be able to endure long periods of standing and/or walking.
• Must be able to sit, stoop, and bend at intermittent periods throughout the workday.
• May be required to lift/move items that weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to utilize both hands to accomplish tasks; have adequate sight and hearing to avoid hazardous situations.
• Will be exposed to environmental conditions normally associated with healthcare environmental services operations including biohazards, external temperatures.
• Every employee in the Lexington Network must adhere to and uphold the standards set forth in our culture contract. Our common purpose, quality standards and behavioral expectations are what set us apart from other organizations. Every interaction must be approached using the ICARE expected behaviors so that every employee and resident will be treated with respect.
• The Assistant Director of Environmental Services functions in a role of assisting the Director of Environmental Services with the overall operation of the Environmental and Laundry Departments in accordance with all current applicable federal, and state guidelines and as directed by the Director of Environmental Services. The Assistant Director of Environmental Services provides assistance to the Director of Environmental Services as directed to assure the facility in maintained in a clean, sanitary, safe, and comfortable manner at all times.
• The Assistant Director of Environmental Services shall be expected to assist the Director of Environmental services in the overall daily operations of the facility’s environmental services and laundry departments in accordance with the established policies, procedures and budgetary guidelines.
• With direction from the Director of Environmental Services, this individual shall work collaboratively with other line/management staff to ensure high levels of resident satisfaction in his/her environment is maintained in accordance with the highest standards of industry practice as well as federal and state guidelines.
• The Assistant Director of Environmental Services shall assist the Director of Environmental Services to obtain the necessary quality assurance/quantitative data to fully evaluate the operations of the environmental and laundry service departments to best support the efforts of instituting any corrective/remedial actions as based upon outcomes.
• Assists the Director of Environmental Services with overall staffing functions, which may include: orientation, training, scheduling, and supervision.
• Provides direct supervision of environmental services and staff in the absence of the Director of Environmental Services to assure the environmental services staff follow established safety regulations and facility policy in the use of equipment and supplies at all times to maintain a clean, comfortable, homelike, safe and sanitary environment.
• Assists the Director of Environmental Services, as directed, to conduct regular inventories of all environmental and laundry supplies prior to placing orders that remain within budget and meet the needs of the department.
• Assists with the proper receipt of supplies and equipment orders.
• Assures the stock level of housekeeping and laundry supplies, disinfectant, and equipment is maintained to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable environment.
• Assists in the efforts to follow-up on reports of lost articles and missing clothing of residents to effectively resolve resident concerns.
• Assists with the coordination of laundry services, which includes the proper ongoing distribution of residents’ laundered personal articles.
• Assists to thoroughly check resident rooms to assure all new admissions and residents who have transferred rooms are afforded a clean, comfortable, homelike, safe and sanitary environment. Takes any immediate corrective actions as warranted.
• Assists to check all other resident rooms, common areas, and the exterior of the facility on a daily basis to assure the environment remains clean, comfortable, homelike, safe and sanitary. Takes immediate corrective actions as warranted.
• Assists with the required quality assurance reviews of the environment and works collaboratively with the Director of Environmental Services to assure any appropriate follow-up action with Maintenance/Housekeeping staff to resolve any needed attention/repair.
• Assists the Director of Environmental Services in efforts to supervise safety, fire protection and prevention programs by inspecting work areas, storage rooms and equipment. Reports any areas of concern to the Director of Environmental Services.
• Performs housekeeping/laundry services functions according to facility policies and procedures.
• Makes oral and written reports/recommendations to the Director of Environmental Services when indicated or otherwise directed.
• The Asst. Director of Environmental Services has a leading role in promoting through role modeling, education and program development the facility’s Culture Contract components.
• Other related duties and activities as directed by the Director of Environmental Services/Assistant Administrator of Operations and Finance/Administrator.
• Assist other team members when necessary
• All other duties as assigned
Lexington Health Care - 19 months ago