The Assistant Director of Financial Aid is responsible for coordinating and acting as the primary contact and support professional for students enrolling in the Graduate School of Education, the Graduate School of Arts and Social Sciences, the Graduate programs of the Lesley University College of Art and Design, and the Adult Undergraduate programs of the Lesley University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The primary goal of this position is to assist in the recruitment efforts at the University by providing excellent and timely delivery of financial aid and alternative financing options information. This position works very closely with Admissions to ensure the student experience is positive
- Assist students with the financial aid application process.
- Perform verification according to federal methodology and institutional policies.
- Prepare financial aid packages.
- Provide extensive student advisement and counseling regarding financial aid and financing options.
- Assist and advise Director and Associate Director with policies, procedures and workflow to ensure customer needs are met.
- Review and advise the Associate Director on effectiveness of communications to students. Particular emphasis on financial aid publications and documents; admissions publications and documents; Open House presentations and documents.
- Collaborates with other service departments to enhance student relations.
- Represent the Office of Financial Aid at Open Houses, Accepted Students Day, information nights and additional events as needed.
- Remain current in financial aid and enrollment management trends.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Three or more years of experience at an institution of higher education focusing on financial aid and/or student counseling.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member and the ability to properly prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to analyze complex data and to collaborate and work well with other departments (e.g., admissions, registrar, and student accounts).
- Proven strong customer service skills with the ability to handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to make sound decisions based upon the University policies.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office—i.e., Word and Excel, and an aptitude and willingness to learn new software such as Colleague administrative software.
- Must be able and willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends as needed, and have the commitment and ability to work with diverse populations.
- Must not be in default on any federal student loan or federal parent loan.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University.
To apply, candidates must submit a letter of application, a CV/Resume and contact information for three references.
Lesley University - 10 months ago