Reporting to the Associate Director of Financial Aid, the Assistant Director of Financial Aid is responsible coordinating and acting as the primary contact and professional support for new and currently enrolled students at Lesley University’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS), the College of Art and Design (CAD) and Threshold program. The primary goal of this position is to provide timely, efficient and accurate financial aid and alternative financing options to CLAS, CAD and Threshold students. The position seeks to enact customer service enhancement, and works closely with the offices of Admission and Advancement to promote the Lesley University mission and enrollment management goals.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have two (2) or more years of experience at an institution of higher education focusing on financial aid and/or student counseling.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with various university departments such as Admissions and Advancement.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with outside agencies such as federal and private alternative loan and scholarship agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in using the MS Office software suite—i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; familiarity with college database software helpful.
- Willing and able to work occasional evenings or weekends representing the University at various on and off-campus events.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills?
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS.
Salary Grade 24: $42,476.70 - $58,618.07
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.