The Prospect Park Alliance, working in partnership with City of New York and the community, restores, develops, and operates Prospect Park for the enjoyment of all by caring for the natural environment, preserving historic design, and serving the public through facilities and programs. Prospect Park is Brooklyn's 585-acre historic flagship park, designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux. It is the home of Brooklyn's only lake and forest, with nature trails, recreational activities, public programs, volunteer opportunities, and the new Lakeside Center, featuring ice and roller skating, a water playground, and restored lake views, scheduled to open in late 2013.
The Prospect Park Alliance is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Individual Giving to join a dynamic and successful development team that raises nearly $4 million annually in operating support. Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the position will focus on the Alliance's membership program (nearly 5,000 members at the $35-$1,000 levels). Contributions from individuals are increasingly essential to the operation and care of Prospect Park; accordingly, this position will contribute valuably to Prospect Park's capacity to thrive as a vital resource for 10 million visitors annually.
- Lead and facilitate the growth of the membership program.
- Manage all aspects of the membership program, including multichannel communications, data analysis/reporting, budgets, benefits fulfillment, member events, and member services.
- Develop and oversee the promotional commemorative program (commemorative gifts of $75-$100).
- Serve as the primary Raiser's Edge database administrator.
- Oversee donation processing and data entry.
- Supervise the Development Assistant.
- Assist the Director of Individual Giving and Development Department as required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3-5 years experience.
- Membership or marketing management experience.
- High proficiency with Raiser's Edge (or other fundraising databases) and data management.
- Experience with budget management and financial reporting.
- Sharp analytical skills, with an affinity for numbers.
- Strong interest in membership/development, marketing, and metrics/analytics.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively.
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and commitment to professional growth.
- Ability to write effective marketing copy.
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple deadline-driven projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability on some evenings and weekends.
- New York State driver's license; the ability and willingness to drive a vehicle occasionally.
- Commitment to the Alliance's mission.
idealist.org - 10 months ago