BASIC FUNCTION : This position is responsible for the administration and oversight of various NCAA programs with a focus on the branding and positioning for maximum effect. This position works in collaboration with the NCAA communications staff for managing the branding, social media, and video efforts for the leadership development programs and grants. While assisting the director of leadership development with ensuring the unit stays aligned with national office, departmental and unit goals and missions, this position will also serve as point for all internal collaborations. Other duties will be assigned by the executive vice president of membership and student-athlete affairs/chief inclusion officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Develop the marketing campaign for leadership development programs and grants.
Implement meeting symmetry for all leadership development programs and grants in concert with primary program administrators.
Develop strategic topic-specific messages and communications materials for leadership development programs and grants.
Implement social media strategies for leadership development programs and grants.
Develop and maintain a comprehensive and in-depth video catalog of all leadership development programs and grants.
Manage the leadership development LinkedIn page for student-athletes.
Develop and maintain a comprehensive and in-depth photo catalog of all leadership development programs and grants.
Closely collaborate with the web communications staff to work on proactive external messaging platforms for activating and extending key Association priorities and messages at leadership development events.
- Develop content.
- Recruit and assist facilitators and speakers/presenters.
- Coordinate and supervise trainings.
- Maintain attendee criteria and solicit nominees from member institutions, conference offices and affiliate groups.
- Coordinate registration process.
- Determine effective resource materials for initiatives.
- Serve as on-site program coordinator.
- Provide progress reports to the appropriate NCAA stakeholders.
- Maintain program website.
- Promote program to NCAA institutions.
- Oversee program budget.
- Determine site locations.
- Overall program management.
- Develop accountability guidelines to measure the success of program.
- Implement a diversity and inclusion component within programs.
- Communicate with the Governance staff, conference offices and membership to assess needs.
Assist director of leadership development.
- Long-term training initiatives.
- Ensure unit alignment with the mission and goals of the NCAA national office and MSAA group.
- Advise director of leadership development on strategic planning for the unit.
- Core consultant yearly meeting.
- Implement, evaluate, and administer new initiatives.
- External speaking engagements.
Internal staff collaboration and engagement.
- Serve on various national office project teams (occasionally).
- Initiatives budget.
- Program budget.
Assist in the supervision of assigned consultants, with particular emphasis on regular communication, conducting one-on-one meetings and providing performance feedback.
Assist in the development and implementation of broadly defined leadership development initiatives for student-athletes, coaches, athletics professionals and institutional personnel.
Represent the NCAA and inclusion and leadership development department as a presenter at various departmental, Association, conference and professional organizations’ seminars, workshops, task forces and meetings (occasionally).
Maintain a working knowledge of leadership initiatives and programs at NCAA member institutions and other athletics entities.
Assist in the development and administer the implementation of strategic initiatives related to inclusion and leadership programs for the Association.
Perform other duties as assigned by the NCAA executive vice president/chief inclusion officer.
Perform other duties as assigned by the director of leadership development.
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
Three – five years years of experience.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Strong organizational and planning skills.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
Knowledge and understanding of the Association’s structure and function.
Ability to work independently and manage various responsibilities.
Ability to work well with diverse groups of individuals.
Event planning and project management experience.
Ability to develop and manage meetings, events and programs.
Knowledge of evaluation tools and materials.
Knowledge of managing budgets.
Knowledge of NCAA membership structure and mission.
High adaptability to people and situations (flexible).
Strategic thinker – with tactical application experience.
Critical thinker – the ability to state one’s thinking w/ minimal emotional attachment.
Passion for education and learning.
Strong coach/mentor/role model of leadership (i.e. Servant Leader).
1. NCAA Divisions I, II and III Membership.
2. NCAA Committees.
3. NCAA National Office Staff.
4. NCAA Consultants.
5. NCAA Student-Athlete Advisory Group.
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 17 months ago