Position: Assistant Director of Membership Communications
Primary Functions: This position is responsible for tracking developments in the NCAA’s governance structure and communicating them to the membership through the Association’s digital platforms and NCAA Champion magazine as determined by the Managing Director of Strategic Communications and the Director of Membership Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Preferred Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
- Serve as the primary communications contact for NCAA Division III and Sports Science Institute. Develop written and multimedia content for NCAA.org and NCAA Champion magazine to communicate important developments to the membership.
- Work with senior leadership in Communications to identify key issues that affect the Association and intercollegiate athletics and develop effective communication strategies.
- Develop and write long-form written content for NCAA Champion magazine and NCAA.org that advocates for the values of intercollegiate athletics and addresses issues that impact the NCAA membership.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive and in-depth understanding and knowledge of the NCAA governance structure and related processes.
- Provide strategic counsel on communication issues to groups within the national office.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the national office’s strategic communication strategy. The strategy uses various audience-specific approaches and platforms to provide clear, consistent and customized advocacy messages about the Association’s functions and issues.
- Develop strategic topic-specific messages and communications materials for the assigned national office groups.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, public relations, journalism or related field (required)
- Advance degree in related field (preferred).
- Three to five years experience in a written communications field, preferably in a strategic communications environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply editorial skills to create online interactivity (required).
- Ability to understand and communicate complex issues is essential.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks under tight deadlines (required)
- Communications and national office staff
- NCAA membership
- Members of the public
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 12 months ago