Are you seeking to join an organization that has Revolutionary Ideas that are transforming the long-term care industry?
If so, Signature HealthCARE LLC. is the place for you! Signature is opposing the status quo and bringing about a radical transformation in attitude, quality care and quality of life. We are taking a stand and restoring dignity, compassion and trust.
We are currently recruiting for a proven and experienced Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON-RN) in long term care for our skilled nursing facility we own and operate in GAINESVILLE, FL!
Manage administrative and functional areas or programs within the Nursing Department. Assist the Director of Nursing (DON) in overall operation of the department in accordance with Company policies, and standards of nursing practices and government regulations, so as to maintain quality care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in management duties including, but not limited to, hiring, training and developing, coaching and counseling, and terminating department staff, as deemed necessary.
- Assist the DON in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the day-to-day functions of the nursing department in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the DON as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing department.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to verify the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
- Assist DON to monitor day-to-day operation of the nursing department and establish priorities and manage records, budgets, or supplies.
- Confirm that all nursing personnel are following their respective job descriptions.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the facility’s quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as requested by the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
- Participate in developing, implementing, and periodically updating the resident’s written discharge plan.
- In the absence of the DON, serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of the facility (i.e. Infection Control, Quality Assurance, etc.)
- Assist the DON in determining the staffing needs of the nursing department.
- Delegate to the Charge Nurses and Nurse Supervisors the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to perform their assigned duties.
- Make daily rounds of the nursing department to verify that all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report findings to the DON.
- Monitor absenteeism to verify that an adequate number of nursing personnel are on duty at all times. Report problem areas to the DON.
- Review complaints and grievances made or filed by department personnel. Make appropriate reports to the Director as required or as may be necessary.
- Ensure that corrective action is administered fairly and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Confirm that all nursing personnel participate in the facility’s TB testing program.
- Provide the DON with information relative to the nursing needs of the resident and to the nursing department’s ability to meet those needs.
- Inform nursing service personnel of new admissions, their expected time of arrival, room assignment, etc.
- Make rounds with physicians, as necessary.
- Inform the DON when physician visits are not made in a timely manner.
- Review nurses’ notes to verify that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided, that they reflect the resident’s response to the care, and that such care is provided in accordance with the resident’s wishes.
- Schedule daily rounds to observe residents and to determine if nursing needs are being met.
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to verify that medications are being administered as ordered and that treatments are provided as scheduled.
- Report problem areas to DON. Assist in developing and implementing corrective action.
- Comply with, support and enforce Company policies involving all safety and infection control procedures to include the proper use of mechanical lifts and gait belts.
- Monitor nursing personnel to verify that they are following established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Verify that all resident care rooms, treatment areas, etc., are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the procedures for the safe operation of all nursing equipment. Verify that all equipment is operated in a safe manner.
- Monitor nursing procedures to verify that nursing supplies are used in an efficient manner to avoid waste.
- Participate in the development of written preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the nursing needs of each resident.
- Assist the MDS/Care Plan Coordinator in planning, scheduling and revising the MDS, including the implementation of RAPS and Triggers.
- Participate in the development of a written care plan (preliminary and comprehensive) for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident, indicates the care to be given, goals to be accomplished, and which professional service is responsible.
- Verify that all personnel involved in providing care to the resident are aware of the resident’s care plan. Verify that nursing personnel refer to the resident’s care plan prior to administering daily care to the resident.
- Review nurses’ notes to determine if the care plan is being followed.
- Develop and maintain a good rapport with all services involved with the care plan to verify that a team effort is achieved in developing their resident’s comprehensive care plan.
- Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the DON indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. Follow facility’s established procedures.
- Maintain a written record of the resident’s complaints and/or grievances that indicates the action taken to resolve the complaint and the current status of the complaint.
- Regularly inspect the facility and nursing practices for compliance with company, federal, state, and local standards and regulations.
- Report and investigate all allegations of resident abuse and/or misappropriation of resident property.
- Verify that nursing personnel honor the resident’s refusal of treatment request. Confirm that such requests are in accordance with the facility’s policies governing advance directives.
- Develop positive relationships on behalf of the company with governmental regulators, families, health care community and the community at large.
- Fill in as acting DON, Charge Nurse or other nursing position, as needed.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Registered Nurse in good standing with required current state license.
- Minimum of three (3) years nursing experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have a current/active CPR certification.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
o Push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of twenty (20) pounds to a minimum height of three (3) feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifty (50) feet.
- Moderate physical activity:
o Standing and/or walking for more than eight (8) hours per day.
o Bending and/or stooping for more than one (1) hour at a time.
Minimum qualifications: Must have current RN nursing state license, 3+ years experience in geriatrics/long term care management, proven leadership, previous ADON experience preferred, ability to handle multiple assignments and issues, excellent communication and organizational skills a must and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment. Embrace a servant leadership "hands on" approach to how we care for our residents with a "can do" attitude.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
We have competitive salaries in long term care based upon experience and GREAT BENEFITS - medical coverage, dental coverage, short-term disability, life insurance, vision insurance, long-term disability, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus program, 401K with a company match, paid time off (PTO) and so much more!!
We are founded on the belief that enhancing the quality of life for the aging of America is essential. Humanity and dignity are achievable, and the nation’s elderly population deserves the attention and commitment of dedicated, compassionate care providers.
Our Vision Statement
We want a revolution that will radically change the long-term care landscape forever.
We find ourselves in a time in which there are many hurdles to overcome to simply stay in business, much less to accomplish our goal of unsurpassed resident care. If we choose the path of least resistance, we shall surely meet the same demise as many of our peers and predecessors. Society has systems in place that can work to our disadvantage, and there are those whose purpose is to see us fail. We must face these adversities with resolve, we must overcome obstacles with creativity; we must make our decision with our hearts as well as our minds. Perseverance is required if we are to win the battle of restoring dignity and profitability to the honorable service of caring for others.
Signature HealthCARE’s revolutionary programs and services include:
? Spirituality - Each resident and employee has the freedom to practice their beliefs in a faith-based, non-denominational environment. Signature HealthCARE embraces a Chaplaincy program, prayer chains and employee response system to support our divine purpose. The spiritual needs of each resident, their family and employee will be respected.
? Quality of Life – Provides resident choice, independence and a lifetime journey of active aging. Residents are encouraged to achieve their dreams which may include white water raft¬ing, sky diving and helicopter rides, or something as simple as fishing and enjoying a picnic.
? Resident-Centered Care - Each facility customizes the nursing care for each resident, to provide high quality care, utilizing a team-based clinical pathways focus.
? Agency-Free Staffing – Signature HealthCARE nursing and rehabilitation professionals are not temporary contractors. They are stakeholders wearing one uniform with one goal of delivering quality care and improved medical outcomes.
? Uncommon Rehabilitation Outcomes – Last year, nearly 4,000 of our residents re¬turned home to enjoy their families, after receiving therapy in a Signature HealthCARE facility, thanks to the dedication of Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapy stakeholders!
? Hall of Fame Café - Is a moving tribute that celebrates, honors, and recognizes the lives and legacies of those residents who have distinguished themselves during their lifetime. The Hall of Fame Café ensures that we will never forget...and that they will never be forgotten.
Please call or email me with any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Signature Consulting Services LLC
Toll Free: 877.734.3480
Signature HealthCARE LLC. - 21 months ago