Assistant Director of Professional Services
Educators for Social Responsibility ( ESR ) seeks an experienced professional to play an important leadership role in the provision of responsive, high quality services by directing ESR professional services operations.
ESR , a national non-profit organization, collaborates with educators to create engaging, caring, and equitable schools. Our goal is to ensure that all students succeed in school, work, and life and contribute to our democratic society.
- Manage professional services operations and refine and develop systems and structures to support continuous improvement
- Play a leading role in responding to inquiries from schools and districts, developing new ESR contracts, and renewing existing contracts
- Manage the professional services budget
- Collaborate with the director of professional services in the areas of program development, capacity building, and research and development
- Oversee professional services responsibilities related to billing and collections
- Manage contract compliance
- Contribute to high quality services by providing selected contract work
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in urban secondary school settings, including at least 2-3 years in administrative and/or teacher leadership roles
- Minimum 3-5 years experience training and consulting with schools and other educational settings, and proven ability to build rapport and work effectively with educators
- Demonstrated affinity for and understanding of ESR’s content and approach, including knowledge and expertise in areas such as: school climate, culture and discipline; instruction, classroom management and discipline; and student advisory programs
- Program management experience and expertise in areas including systems development, budgeting, use of technology, and personnel supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Masters degree in education or comparable field
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits package
Deadline for Applications: May 10, 2013
ESR recognizes and appreciates the benefits of diversity in the workplace. People who share this belief are encouraged to apply.