Under the general supervision of the Director of Community Development this position will administer and direct the Town of Fishers' redevelopment program, which includes design, implementation and monitoring of redevelopment activities and projects. Position is responsible for the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities related to redevelopment in the Town.
Examples of Duties:
- Oversees the establishment of redevelopment project areas, financial feasibility, public participation, negotiations, plan preparation and processing.
- Implements property acquisition and disposition related to redevelopment.
- Manages developer selection processes and represents the Town, along with the Director of Community Development, in negotiations with developers, land owners and others.
- Oversees review of redevelopment proposals submitted by developers and responds to inquiries regarding development requirements.
- Directs research, performs analyses and makes recommendations on various redevelopment matters, including legislative analyses and recommendations.
- Confers with general public, community groups, Town Council, Town Redevelopment Commission, advisory bodies and Town staff regarding redevelopment. Serves as primary staff contact for the Town Redevelopment Commission, Economic Development Commission, Redevelopment Authority and Town building corporations.
- Prepares written reports, including maps and graphic representations, and makes public presentations.
- Performs general administrative activities including preparation and administration of budgets, cost estimates, data evaluation, contracts, resolutions, correspondence and related materials.
- Monitors tax increment financing districts and works with financial consultants as needed.
- Participates in the selection and oversees use of consultants and outside professional services.
Master's degree or law degree with 5-7 years work experience in related field; Valid Indiana driver's license; Strong k nowledge, skills and abilities in: Redevelopment practices and strategies; Real estate development economics and public/private development structures; Property acquisition strategies and processes; Negotiating techniques ; Accurately interpret laws, ordinances, regulations, maps, plans and development documents; Work on several assignments and adjust priorities as directed; Communicate clearly and concisely, orally, visually and in writing; Work effectively within a team environment, and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; Perceive responsibilities within the context of Town wide goals and objectives and to approach assignments with a customer oriented focus.