Under the general supervision of the Director of Student Life, the Assistant Director of Student Life for Operations manages all of the activities related to the Operations areas of the Student Union, including the Knight Club, Metro Lounge, Commuter Lounge, Student Managers, and Information Booths in the Student Union and Fitness Center. The Assistant Director for Operations is responsible for sound fiscal management of income and expenditures for each of these operations.
1. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in Student Personnel Administration or related field preferred.
2. A minimum of two years full-time professional experience in Student Union/activities position.
3. Previous experience in managing a revenue-generating enterprise in an academic environment strongly preferred.
4. Previous experience in arranging for and booking entertainment preferred, but not required.
5. Demonstrated success as a personnel and fiscal manager.
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Ability to interact positively with students, faculty, staff, parents, and the community.
8. Some evening and weekend hours required.
9. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment