The Boston Office of Parsons Brinckerhoff seeks a full-time Entry level Traffic/Transportation Engineer. The position is in the Traffic/Transportation Group and work will include: corridor planning projects; traffic, parking and pedestrian studies; 3-D traffic simulation; and traffic signal systems design throughout New England.
The position will also provide support to the PB Sports & Entertainment Group on developing transportation management and operations plans for sports facilities and special events throughout the United States.
Candidate must be interested in the following:
- Traffic Signal Design
- Parking Master Plans in Urban Areas
- Pedestrian Circulation
- Transportation Data Collection and Analysis
- Knowledge of the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM), MUTCD, AASHTO’s Police on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets
- Traffic software/simulation modeling applications, such as HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic and/or VISSIM/VISUM, is preferred
- Intelligent transportation and traffic management systems technology and applications.
- Use of GIS in Highway Planning and Engineering
- Mass DOT experience
Candidate must have the following requirements:
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD
- Knowledge of traffic operations theory and practice.
- Ability to make mathematical computations
- Ability to use engineering instruments and tools including computers and engineering workstations.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans, specifications and technical reports.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Knowledge of intelligent transportation and traffic management systems technology and applications.
- Familiarity with engineering office practices and procedures.
- Ability to write engineering reports describing process procedures and results
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, internally and externally.
- Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
- Able to work legally in USA
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or Transportation/Traffic Engineering
- Masters in Transportation Planning or Engineering preferred
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 15 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...