Role Description Greenleaf Hospitality Group
Assistant Executive Housekeeper-Radisson Plaza Hotel and Suites
Greenleaf Hospitality Group is a Kalamazoo-based, privately held company which owns and manages the Four Diamond property the downtown Radisson Plaza Hotel and Suites , the Holiday Inn West, Wings Stadium and Wings West.
This is a great opportunity to experience the culture of an organization striving for World Class status built on managing the strengths of talented leaders. Greenleaf seeks individuals with entrepreneurial spirits, who enjoy the feeling of operating their own business units by making decisions and setting forth plans to facilitate future growth.
We are committed to creating a talent-based leadership team within our hospitality division and looking for other top talent to join our team.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide extraordinary, personalized guest experiences that build genuine relationships through loyalty to our guests, each other and our community. All actions are based on the principles of trust, integrity, mutual respect and teamwork.
Essential Job Results
- Will coordinate 5 0+ staff members, laundry, lobby, atrium and supplies in order to maximize productivity of the hotel and team
- Enjoy a challenging and fast paced work environment and can demonstrate the ability to make sound business decisions
- Proven success in building positive and trusting working relationships
- Create a culture of discipline and accountability and possess the persistent nature to sustain it
- Able to maintain the standards of quality and cleanliness and uphold the standards of the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites
- Effectively coordinate the duties and responsibilities of department supervisors. Must be able to guide and train all team members to deliver the highest level of service
1. Increases Team’s Effectiveness by assisting in recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and counseling staff in a talent based organization; continuously improving people processes and talent base; communicating and reinforcing values, strategies, and objectives; engaging individual accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and reviewing department and organization structure and results; developing motivating reward systems; sustaining a climate for achievement and information sharing; providing professional growth opportunities.
2. Develops and Executes Approved Business Plan by identifying profitable opportunities; conducting SWOTs analysis; recommending competitive positioning and recommending annual/ quarterly goals and objectives for year over year profit gains based on increasing customer engagement.
3. Accomplishes Goals and Objectives by allocating resources to maximize profits; reviewing progress against plans weekly with key leaders; leading required mid-course corrections.
4. Develops Cross Functional Collaboration by establishing and monitoring standards for procurement, inventory, sales, service delivery, marketing, and operations policies and processes; coordinating actions with sister units, Unit Manager and General Manager
5. Builds High Value Company Image by inspiring employees to embrace a high value added mindset; collaborating with customers, government, and community organizations; enforcing ethical business practices.
6. Sustains WORLD CLASS Service Quality and Wow Guest Experience by establishing high service quality standards through the team; observing associate/ guest interactions daily; visiting with each guest to ensure guest satisfactions; conducting daily and weekly walk through audits to ensure continuing attainment of standards; continuously pushing for more objective measures of customer engagement.
7. Establishes & Sustains Key, Cross Functional, Customer Focused Processes by continuously reviewing the viability of processes developed and employed by organization members to achieve quality standards; monitoring customer feedback; participating in pre-and post-con meetings with clients; insisting on continuous improvement practices in all functions.
8. Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
9. Establishes and Sustains Community and Industry Relationships by networking with key community and industry stakeholders; joining, attending and participating in community and industry organizations that promote the growth of the community and industry.
10. Contributes to Greenleaf Hospitality Group’s Total Effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
§ Standing for long periods of time
§ Able to lift 40 lbs from time to time
This position reports to: Executive Housekeeper
Reporting to this position are:
Housekeeping Supervisors, Hourly Staff including Atrium Attendants, Room Attendants, Laundry Attendants
Candidates apply online at www.joingreenleaf.com .
Monster - 11 months ago