HP Hotels, a growing national hotel management company is looking for a highly motivated Assistant to the Executive Housekeeper for The Chancellor Hotel in Fayetteville, AR. The Chancellor Hotel has recently re-opened after a complete rennovation and has 207 guest rooms with 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting space including four meeting rooms and two executive boardrooms. We enjoy group and conference business as well as the day to day traveller which gives us an opportunity to provide a stable work environment for our employees. Qualified candidates must possess great communication skills. Communication with guests, managers and Front Desk associates is commonplace. The ability to manage the department in the absense of the Executive is required.
Prior experience working in a housekeeping environment is mandatory.
The responsibilities include:
- Assists in the set up, stocking and organization of work materials at the beginning of the day.
- Receives assignments through the Executive Housekeeper or sets the agenda for that day's work.
- Is responsible for assisting with the cleaning of guest rooms during slow periods.
- There are time limits required for productivity and cleanliness levels to be achieved.
- Checks stock levels in storage rooms for sufficient stock.
- This position will be cross trained to include, but is not limited to, the supervision of the lobby and public area attendant, house person and laundry. From time to time it may be necessary to be flexible and perform these duties in addition to the regular requirement.
- This position requires bending, lifting and the ability to be continuously mobile throughout the shift.
- Exposure to mild cleaning chemicals is normal.
- Cleans work station during the day and at the end of the day.
- Performs side duties including cleaning equipment and organizing and stocking storerooms.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Correctly sets up, operates, breaks down and cleans all equipment.
- Follows sanitary practices, general cleanliness, and maintenance of all work areas.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and wears proper attire, according to the dress code.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
- HS Diploma preferred but not mandatory.
- Successfully complete a background and drug test.
- Must be physically able to perform the job duties stated above.