Perform functions related to ensuring the housekeeping department operates according to brand/hotel and sustainability standards to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
Potential Career Path
Executive Housekeeper – Assistant General Manager – General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas and grounds for cleanliness, appearance and safety.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and service and resolve guests’ complaints and concerns.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Prepare schedules based upon occupancy and assign duties to workers and schedule shifts or notify vendor of weekly staffing needs.
- Take inventory and submit periodic inventory orders to insure supplies are purchased timely.
- Prepare required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions.
- Be aware of and communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the operation of the department or the hotel.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA standards; wear
protective safety equipment and participate in safety committees as directed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two years previous housekeeping supervisor experience required.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends or occasional alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management - 14 months ago