We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to join the opening team of the Santa Cruz Dream Inn. This is the only luxury beachfront hotel in Santa Cruz.
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper assists in directing the daily operations of the housekeeping department. Responsibilities include training, tools and supplies, support to staff, and creating a safe work environment. The Executive Housekeeper implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which assists the housekeeping staff in achieving a high standard of cleanliness of the property and adhering to the safety standards of Joie de Vivre Hospitality.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Two years previous experience as Assistant Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Supervisor.
2. Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques including requirements and use of equipment.
3. Knowledge of proper and safe chemical handling.
4. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with both guests and co-workers.
5. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperation, and minimum amount of supervision.
6. Ability to: a) maintain hotel standards, policies and procedures, b) prioritize and organize work assignments, direct performance of assigned staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
7. Previous hotel opening or renovation experience.
8. Opera or Fidelios experience a plus.
9. Additional language skills desirable.
Joie de Vivre Hospitality - 4 months ago
Hotel information for the best western all suite inn in santa cruz, ca, us