Responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper with the supervision of the Housekeeping Department operations and personnel, including attendants, and laundry attendants.
1. Hire, train, counsel and motivate department personnel.
2. Payroll administration for department personnel.
3. Order supplies, process accounts payable and monitor the department budget.
4. Schedule personnel within budget guidelines to assure adequate staffing.
5. Clean rooms as needed.
6. Inspect rooms after cleaning. Review any problems with Attendant and recheck when ready.
7. Train department personnel in appropriate use of supplies, cleaning agents and equipment.
8. Develop and maintain department programs to assure that the Quality Assurance Program criteria are met.
9. Maintain purchase records and participate in the preparation, control and performance of all budget line expenses.
10. Responsible for a monthly linen inventory to determine if hotel has required inventory.
11. Order laundry supplies and linen as needed.
12. Develop department employee attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guests’ needs.
13. Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guests’ special requests.
14. Administer guest “Lost and Found” program.
15. Assist the General Manager in resolving guest complaints concerning the Housekeeping department.
16. Educate department personnel on emergency procedures and safety precautions.
17. Administer department key control.
18. Inform maintenance of necessary work orders.
19. Interact with sales and front office personnel to coordinate meeting room needs.
20. Communicate room status changes to the front office.
21. Establish an effective department communication and information system through logs, department meetings and coaching and counseling.
22. Carry out any reasonable requests by management.
1) Minimum of 1 year of experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel housekeeping department.
2) Must possess thorough knowledge of all housekeeping and laundry operations and individual job requirements.
3) Experience managing in-house operated laundry operations.
4) Must have good command of the English language both written and oral.
5) Must be able to work flexible hours.
6) High school diploma or equivalent required.
LTD Hospitality Group - 16 months ago