Assists in overseeing performance and work activities of the Housekeeping team. Works with employees to clean and maintain guestrooms and public space. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Promotes guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 year experience in the housekeeping or related professional area
- 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Verifies knowledge and understanding of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations are up to date.
- Assists in managing of the daily operation of the housekeeping department and employees. (e.g., overseeing cleaning and sanitation, interviewing, evaluating, scheduling, training and disciplinary procedures).
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Manages linen inventory and guest supplies and assists in the ordering of supplies as necessary.
- Verifies guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works effectively with the Engineering department on guest room maintenance needs.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Verifies all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Assists in supervising an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Supervises Housekeeping and all related areas in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
Promoting Exceptional Customer Service
- Interviews, selects and trains employees.
- Appraises employee's productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
- Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
- Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
- Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Apr 23, 2013, 9:30:06 AM
Marriott - 16 months ago
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...