Remington Hotels is one of the largest, privately held hotel management companies in the U.S. As a world class leader operating 70 + hotels (Marriott, Hilton and Starwood) and over 15,000 hotel rooms in 22 states, our Guiding Principles, key hotel drivers and our Associates contribute to Remington having been consistently recognized among many of the world’s best lodging brands for our operational expertise and guest service results.
If you are performance oriented and looking for an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, values driven company - committed to growth and a strong “promote from within” philosophy, we invite you to apply with us!
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in coordinating the cleaning of guest rooms and public areas as efficiently as possible, at the lowest possible cost, keeping the highest standards of cleanliness as specified by the applicable Franchise and management company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
1. Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of reliability.
2. Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow associates.
3. Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
4. Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
5. Perform your job according to standard operating procedures.
6. Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Associate Handbook.
7. Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA Hazcom program and safe lifting techniques.
8. Utilize protective equipment, when applicable.
9. Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor.
10. Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor.
11. Keep accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments.
12. Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
13. Practice “aggressive hospitality” and provide guest satisfaction.
14. Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
15. Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
16. Train and supervise other associates as directed by management.
17. Continue to learn and grow in your position.
18. Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
19. Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
20. Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with disabilities.
21. Assist person(s) with a disability.
2 2. Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guests and associates.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Know all emergency procedures (fire, severe weather, bomb threats, guest accident/illness, etc.).
2. Help coordinate all daily activities and plan for sufficient staffing to clean guest rooms and public areas.
3. Review the Manager on Duty log and follow up where needed.
4. Inspect guest rooms and public outlets daily to ensure the quality assurance program is being followed. Discrepancies are reported to the Executive Housekeeper.
5. Act on assignments received from the Executive Housekeeper.
6. Prepare the department’s weekly work schedule in conjunction with the weekly rooms forecast.
7. Assist in the monthly inventory.
8. Inform the Executive Housekeeper of needed supplies.
9. Check on supplies and report discrepancies.
10. Assist in supervising the daily operation of the in-house laundry.
11. Provide materials needed to be discussed at department meetings.
12. Assist in completing the time cards daily and preparing the daily house report.
13. Keep the Executive Housekeeper informed of pertinent information pertaining to the department.
14. Help to enforce the key issuance procedure established by the hotel.
15. Assist in the direct training program of new housekeeping personnel.
16. Handle all merchandise and inquiries regarding the Lost and Found Programs.
17. Prepare the daily room attendants and houseaides assignment sheet.
1 8. Report room discrepancies to the front office.
19. Assist in completing the daily housekeeping report.
20. Periodically, during each day inform the front desk of cleaning progress.
21. Keep track of all missing room items reported daily.
22. Follow up to ensure all maintenance requests are handled in an efficient manner pertaining to guest room and department equipment.
23. Review and become familiar with all special instructions received from the front desk.
24. Assist with monthly linen inventory.
1. Fill in for room attendants or floor supervisors when needed.
Remington is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, independent hotel management company with over 35 years of experience in the hospitality business....