Assist the Financial Manager to control and guard the Company's assets by reporting profit and loss accurately and protecting inventory and capital investments while improving Company cash flow and reducing working capital. Support the Safety, Quality and Reliability process.
Essential Job Functions:
Assist the Financial Manager in the following Functions:
- Maintain perpetual inventory system by correctly reporting production, sales and receipt of raw materials.
- Reconcile physical inventories with perpetual balances at outside storage facilities or internal distribution warehouses and production areas.
- Oversee the processing of weekly and administrative payroll for all plant personnel.
- Maintain property systems by determining asset cost and depreciation rate, life and disposition of capital write-offs.
- Maintain closing week schedules with Corporate Processing and reconcile balance sheets with profit and loss.
- Manage the payment of vendor and inter-company invoices according to Company procedures and insure proper cash flow.
- Conduct direct billing and collection of accounts receivables to insure cash flow and customer cooperation.
- Maintain accurate financial records. Analyze financial statements to insure proper reporting of period results along with explanation and information for department heads.
- Conduct period and year-end closing, financial statement preparation and review and annual budgets.
- Act as financial advisor to General Manager and staff. Lead working capitol initiative, complete year-end tax reports and annual consensus reports.
- Evaluate job performance on personnel reporting to Financial Manager.
- Prepare weekly profit estimates based on sales forecast and current plant and marketing activity.
- Prepare various cost estimates on new products or package changes. Also, outside sales are continually being analyzed or price quotations.
- Request D&B reports for new customers and determine credit rating and vendor approvals.
- Audit plant expense accounts and validate dollars spent and proof of expenditures.
- Assist in bank reconciliation on payroll and local disbursement accounts.
- Prepare yearly budgets on sales and profit and loss.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Two to five years experience.
- Effective analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Kroger - 17 months ago