The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for assisting the F&B Outlets Manager in leading and developing our existing Food and Beverage team to offer exceptional standards and service to our customers.
• Monitor day-to-day F&B outlet operations and take needed action to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained.
• You will assist in selecting, training, supervising, and scheduling F&B staff in accordance with business needs, productivity and service standards.
• Utilize computer programs to analyze forecast, cost, and revenue reports and decisions based on that information to ensure maximizing of profits.
• Respond to guest inquiries and coordinate special arrangements and requests for F&B outlets.
• Respond to inquiries from a variety of sources; assess the feasibility of requests; plan methods of carrying out the various requests.
• Assist in monitoring the profitability of functions to ensure quality and portion control while minimizing waste and broken or lost supplies; review monthly profit and loss statement and prepares critique and action plans for improvement as necessary.
• Assist in developing and managing adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
• Monitor & maintain inventory, purchasing supplies, and ensuring compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
• Liaise with the Executive Chef on a variety of issues related to food presentation, menus, and schedules.
• Liaise with the Purchasing department to purchase equipment and some food and beverage items.
• Liaise with Accounting staff to resolve payroll, billing, payables, and point of sale issues.
• High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working within the Food & Beverage area within a high volume hotel/resort/conference center with at least one of those in a supervisory role.
• Knowledge of OSHA, Department of Health Sanitation regulations.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff.
• Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
• Demonstrated leadership - Proven ability to effectively lead and train a diverse workforce.
• Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust. Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards
• Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber
• Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail oriented.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Computer literate: Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point. Adaptable to learning new and customized software programs)
• Adept at managing fast paced environment and putting people at ease
• Comfortable interfacing with a diverse group of individuals
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to prioritize, identify problems, and seek solutions and follow up and follow through with a variety of tasks
• Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts - 19 months ago