Responsible for researching internal and external fraud; working with law enforcement, bank associates and others to reduce bank losses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Review kiting suspect, overdraft and other suspicious activities reports each day. Investigate any unusual activity. Take corrective action on account (hold deposits, return checks, close accounts, etc.) to prevent losses.
- Monitor early warning system for card-based threats. Investigate any unusual activity. Take corrective action on account to prevent losses.
- Receive, record, and respond to internal and external inquiries related to claims, disputes, fraud and embezzlement.
- Document all claims and maintain organized records of all activities. Prepare and submit reports of claims and activities as instructed.
- Investigate all claims and allegations from inception to resolution including but not limited to bank card fraud and deposit/check cashing fraud.
- Collect and preserve evidence
- Prepare and refer criminal cases to law enforcement. Act as a liaison between the Bank and law enforcement.
- Represent the corporation in court proceedings as necessary.
- Attend LABSO (Louisville Association of Bank Security Officer) and other security/fraud meetings.
- Assist Audit and Security Department with research as requested.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; for effective interactions with associates, customers and law enforcement.
- Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
- Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
- Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
- Activities outside the company to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes require a flexible work schedule that will include some evening and weekend work.
- Two years experience in bank fraud investigation preferred
- Debit and/or Credit Card experience strongly preferred
- Wire Transfer experience preferred
- Deposit/check fraud experience preferred
- BS degree in Criminal Justice, Accounting or related field preferred