A historic downtown gem! This is the historic Milwaukee Road Depot: your year-round destination to meet, stay, play and explore - all from the comfort of two Minneapolis hotels by Marriott.
The Depot stands as a living, breathing monument to a fantastic era of rail travel. Join our team at The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel to provide our guests with an indigenous, independent, intriguing experience they will remember for a lifetime.
This position, Assistant Director of Guest Services, is responsible for assisting in the delivery of outstanding guest service and effective operations of the front office. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. Assist in effective management of assigned staff to ensure guest satisfaction, positive employee relations and achievement of overall financial results.
CSM’S CORE VALUES
- Continuous Improvement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- People Management & Development
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen/Technical Proficiency
- Conflict Management
- Accountability/Drive for Results
- Handles Pressure Well
1. Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by assisting in ensuring service standards are met and guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable. Works side by side with staff to train and model appropriate guest service standards. Responsible for holding staff members accountable for anticipating needs and exceeding guest expectations. Assists in achieving business revenue goals by developing and implementing creative service programs designed to increase guest satisfaction.
2. Financial Results and Cost Control: Responsible for part taking in management of expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Responsible for assisting in effective labor management through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs. Follows CSM procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Assists with the preparation and management of the department budget. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources. Uses expertise to suggest and implement changes to front desk operations as needed, while maximizing revenue and occupancy.
3. People Management and Training: Responsible assisting in evaluating staff performance and taking appropriate corrective action as needed to hold employees accountable. Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing employees. Assists in interviewing, hiring, coaching, and development of all employees. Responsible for assisting in training department employees and ensuring training records are maintained. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs, suggests changes and ensures implementation to improve results. Utilizes available resources and adheres to CSM training policies. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment.
4. Self/Workload Management: Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Must have high attention to detail, good communication skills and leadership ability. Must have excellent organization skills, a high degree of creativity to facilitate efficient problem solving. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and work in an environment with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines Adheres to all CSM Standard Operating Procedures.
5. Safety/Risk Management: Conduct routine inspections of front desk operations to maintain standards per CSM, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all CSM procedures for guest/employee incidents.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma or GED required, college degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 2+ years of customer service and 1+ years supervisory/management experience required. Must be detail oriented, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with employees and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
This position is responsible for ensuring outstanding guest service and effective operations of the front desk. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. Effective management of assigned staff to ensure guest satisfaction, positive employee relations and achievement of overall financial results.
CSM Corporation - 15 months ago