Renaissance Palm Springs is a beautiful destination resorts with 410 spacious guest rooms, 155 one and two bedroom suites. DATE Restaurant offers casual dining Modern American and Contemporary California Cuisine (B, L, D) ROCKS Lounge & Bar, featuring a wide array of specialty drinks and cocktails, appetizers, lunch menu and patio service. Poolside dining service. 15 meeting rooms with nearly 30,000 square feet of meeting space, 12,571 square foot Grand Ballroom, divisible into five sections accommodates up to 1,500 for banquets. 24,000 sq. ft. Courtyard with seating capacity with seating capacity for 2,500.
1. Ensure proper staffing levels of PBX Dept and assist FOM with the scheduling and operation Front Desk Clerks and Bell stand department also in preparing weekly schedule and maintaining proper documentation (time cards, disciplinary procedures, reviews, etc.)
2. Assist the Front Office Manager by handling special requests, group blocking and unusual circumstances.
3. Communicate with the Housekeeping Department regarding guest rooms and requests.
4. Communicate with the Engineering Department regarding any maintenance requests from the guests.
5. Check AM and PM discrepancy reports.
6. Have complete working knowledge of Front Office system, including all daily transactions and those which are not performed often.
7. Accurately manage and operate the reservation system and assist with reservations, when needed.
8. Accurately and efficiently manage and perform all of the front desk functions to include Guest Service Aide, PBX Operator, Front Desk Clerk, Reservationist, etc.
9. Assist Front Desk Clerks by cordially checking guests in and out of the hotel.
10. Know how and where to accurately post all charges.
11. Accurately manage cash handling including receiving money from guest for payment of hotel charges and making correct change.
12. Handle checks and credit cards received from the guests for payment of hotel charges in accordance with management company’s accounting and credit procedures.
13. Know and accurately quote all of the room rates using upselling/yield management techniques per company policy.
14. Greet guests cordially and promptly and professionally check with guests in and out of the hotel.
15. Issue safety deposit boxes to guests when requested, following approved hotel policies and procedures.
16. Give clear and accurate directions to hotel facilities, rooms and local area attractions.
17. Understand and be able to train new associates on night audit procedures, if required.
18. Meet budget by performing within the guidelines.
19. Participate in the following:
a. monthly department meetings
b. property M.O.D. Program
c. weekly staff meetings
20. Remove safety hazards.
21. Perform job duties of associates who do not report to work until substitute associate arrives.
22. Efficiently operate telephone system, answering all incoming calls within 3 rings.
1. Supervise the Night Audit staff in the absence of the Controller.
1. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required.
2. Portray leadership and provide guidance to the Front Office staff.
3. Properly handle guest complaints and/or concerns.
4. Understand and be able to quickly and efficiently operate the computers.
5. Sit, stand or walk varying lengths of time, sometimes or long periods.
6. Use arithmetic to check totals and make change.
7. Read maps and give clear and accurate directions.
8. Operate the safelock equipment.
9. Push and pull bellcart weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
Assistant Front Office Manager Job Description
10. Possess valid driver’s license and safely drive a shuttle van. Have proof of safe driving record as indicated by a copy of Motor Vehicle Record, per company’s Risk Management Handbook.
11. Memorize the hours or operation for the hotel facilities.
12. Lift and carry approximately fifty (50) pounds.
13. Know and administer first aid.
14. Direct evacuations in an emergency.
15. Operate emergency equipment.