Job Title: Assistant General Counsel
Job ID: 3001816
Location: PA - Philadelphia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Family: Legal & Claims
At Exelon, we've got a place for you. Exelon is developing sustainable energy to provide for the communities of today and planning for a brighter tomorrow. Exelon knows the future of energy is you.
Exelon Corporation is one of the nation's largest electric utilities, with more than $32 billion in annual revenues. The company has one of the industry's largest portfolios of electricity generation capacity, with a nationwide reach and strong positions in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic. Exelon distributes electricity to approximately 6.6 million customers in northern Illinois, central Maryland and southeastern Pennsylvania and natural gas to more than 1.1 million customers in the Baltimore and Philadelphia areas. Exelon is headquartered in Chicago and trades on the NYSE under the ticker EXC.
We know that before we can generate more than 34,000 megawatts of electricity and deliver electric and gas service safely to millions of families and businesses, we need to recognize that each of our employees plays an integral part in the process. Join Exelon and you can share your ideas at a forward-thinking company and the next big idea could be yours. You've just found Exelon, a place where you can truly shine.
Business Unit Overview
Business Services provides Exelon and its subsidiaries with financial, human resource, legal, information technology, supply management and corporate governance services.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
An entry-level to mid-level attorney responsible for providing full legal service to clients under the supervision of a managing or supervising attorney. Carries out legal assignments, including representing the Company in cases before regulatory agencies, preparation of complaints, answers and briefs filed with these agencies, and associated legal research.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Advises clients with respect to all legal matters
- Represents, and assists more experienced attorneys in representing, Exelon in regulatory agency proceedings and/or relevant litigation
Performs broad and moderately complex legal assignments that are varied
Projects / duties as assigned
- Responsible for developing an understanding of each assigned client¿s business and business philosophy
- Prepare, and revise as necessary, budgets and early matter assessments for all matters involving outside counsel.
Equal Employment Statement
- An LLB or JD from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdictions
- At least 4 years of professional experience in a specialized area of law
- Requires excellent oral advocacy skills, legal research skills, analytical abilities and on ongoing knowledge of state or federal law as required by the position
- Must have the ability to write clearly, concisely and persuasively; to read and analyze legal materials and other data; to work in stressful conditions under time deadlines
Exelon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Exelon - 11 months ago
The City of Brotherly Love meets the Windy City and The Greatest City in America in utility and power generating holding company Exelon. The...