AIG Asset Management has an opportunity for an Assistant General Counsel in the Wilton, CT Office.
Performance objectives in this position are as follows:
* Provide legal support to AIG Global Capital Markets entities located in Wilton, CT, relating to derivatives, repurchase and securities lending transactions, and with increased experience and development, legal support for financial transactions of increasing complexity.
* Assist with AIG Global Capital Markets legal functions with an emphasis on derivatives operations, and related regulatory requirements associated with treasury, hedging and cash management transactions and structured financial transactions, including providing advice and oversight with regard to (a) swaps and other derivatives transactions, securities repurchase agreements and securities lending agreements, and (b) internal and external derivatives transactions of insurance companies supported by AIG Global Capital Markets.
* Provide legal support as requested for various structured financial transactions.
* Work closely and cooperatively with all AIG Global Capital Markets and Asset Management Teams, including front office, operations, accounting and administration groups in order to promote effective and efficient processes for derivatives transactions.
* 3-5 years of significant relevant prior legal experience with a top tier law firm or substantial in-house experience, or a combination of both, in particular relating to derivatives, securities and/or structured financial transactions.
* Working knowledge of derivatives and securities-related statutes and rules including: (a) US Securities Laws (in particular, ‘33 and ‘34 Acts, Investment Companies Act), (b) US Laws relating to derivatives (Title VII of the Dodd Frank legislation).
* Familiarity with ISDA documentation preferred, but not required.
* Institutional agility, business acumen, ability to establish and maintain relationships of trust with business, operations and other colleagues, and senior executives.
* Strong academic background required: JD degree from a top tier law school; admitted in good standing to at least one U.S. state bar association (preferably New York).
American International Group - 4 months ago
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...