AIG Property Casualty (AIGPC) has an opportunity for an Assistant General Counsel in the Property & Casualty Unit of the Reinsurance Legal Group, covering both AIGPC's domestic (U.S. and Canada) and international operations.
The performance objectives for this position are as follows:
Chartis is a world leading property-casualty and general insurance organization serving more than 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. With a 90-year history, one of the industry's most extensive ranges of products and services, deep claims expertise and excellent financial strength, Chartis enables its commercial and personal insurance clients alike to manage virtually any risk with confidence. For additional information, please visit our website at http://www.Chartisinsurance.com. At Chartis we support and encourage a diverse work environment. EOE.
- The attorney will be responsible for handling transactional, regulatory and contract wording issues relating to AIGPC's property and casualty operations (the position is not a litigation position).
- The principal transactional responsibilities include: assisting the property and casualty operation in any restructuring or reorganization efforts; and drafting reinsurance contracts tailored to unique transactions, including insurance-linked securities transactions.
- The principal regulatory responsibilities include: compliance with accounting principles as they relate to reinsurance (e.g., risk transfer rules, reinsurance accounting); and advising the property and casualty operation with respect to reinsurance laws and regulations.
- The principal contract wording responsibilities include: developing standard forms for treaty and facultative agreements; and drafting and negotiating various ancillary agreements, including reinsurance trust agreements, commutation agreements and novation agreements.
- In addition, the attorney will be responsible for providing AIGPC's reinsurance officers and other personnel legal advice on a myriad of day-to-day reinsurance-related issues.
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- Minimum of five years of reinsurance experience, preferably with either a large law firm or major insurance or reinsurance companyAbout Chartis
Chartis - 19 months ago
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...