Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon Worldwide has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing. Daymon Worldwide provides its leading-edge services through multiple business units organized under one corporate umbrella. As a company of 22,000 associates operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none.
Reporting directly to General Counsel, the Assistant General Counsel has frequent interactions with business leaders throughout the Daymon Worldwide enterprise. The Assistant General Counsel will provide legal support and consultation to the legal department’s business partners in three lines of business, including product demonstrations (Interactions), in-store retail merchandising (SAS) and import/export (Omni).
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Serves as a business partner to three specified lines of business.
- Creates and manages import/export compliance program with respect to cross border sales and purchases of grocery and general merchandise items.
- Reviews and negotiates various types of contracts including, purchase and sale agreements, leases, consulting agreements, licenses and non-disclosure agreements.
- Creates form contracts
- Works with cross functional teams to assist in development of policy and legal compliance programs to protect the company’s assets.
- Conducts legal research and provides recommendations to the General Counsel.
- Manages litigation matters filed against the assigned lines of business, including coordination with and oversight of outside counsel and applicable insurance carriers.
· Law Degree from highly regarded school required
· Admission to the California state bar required
· 3-7 years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department
· 2+ years experience with import and export compliance
· 2+ years experience with FDA, USDA and state regulations relating to the import and sale of food products
· Strong experience drafting and negotiating contracts
· Requires complex judgment and analytical thought
· Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
· Resourceful and self-motivated with proven ability to handle matters outside of his/her area of expertise
· Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
· Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines with strong track record of managing multiple projects to a timely and successful conclusion
· Sound business judgment including the exercise of discretion and strict confidentiality
· Ability to develop strong client relationships with multiple business units and their representatives
· Outstanding interpersonal skills
· Experience in interacting and communicating with all levels of business operations
Daymon Worldwide values diversity in thought and culture; we seek qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Daymon Worldwide is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Daymon - 19 months ago