An opportunity to make an impact? What a concept! The chance to make a difference. There's no greater feeling in your career. It makes you feel like you're on top of the world. It's a feeling you can experience at Golden Corral. The company behind the highly successful chain of family-style buffet and grill restaurants, we provide the guidance and support that result in extraordinary growth. And with individuals like you on our team, our organization will grow for years to come.
Currently, we are seeking an individual as an Assistant General Counsel , who handles a broad range of legal matters on behalf of the Company including franchising, contracts, and labor and employment issues. The position is located at the corporate headquarters in Raleigh, NC.
• Supervise documentation necessary for the franchise program, including preparation, execution and delivery of area development agreements, franchise agreements, modification and assignment documents and other related documents in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Work with GC Development and paralegals in connection with financing, leasing and related transactions.
• Supervise and work with paralegals to revise, prepare and file the annual Franchise Disclosure Document for Golden Corral Franchising Systems, Inc., the franchising subsidiary for the Company.
• Work with the Director of Corporate Relations, paralegals and outside counsel in connection with the investigation, response, resolution and, where necessary, defense of litigation in labor and employment.
• Prepare and deliver correspondence and enforcement documents necessary to enforce compliance with franchise standards.
• Consult with management on an as-needed basis regarding franchising, leasing and other legal matters, and prepare appropriate related documents.
• Periodically review and modify form documents used in the franchise program to conform to current laws, rules and regulations, and establishment of policies and procedures to enable the Company to comply with such laws, rules and regulations.
Requirements : Bachelor’s Degree and Law Degree from accredited institutions, and admission to practice law in a state as necessary to perform the duties outlined. Advanced continuing legal education in franchise law. Five or more years of concentrated legal experience in corporate practice areas, with focus on franchise, securities or complex financial transactions. Senior level responsibility in a law firm working with large corporations or in a corporate legal preferred. Excellent drafting and organizational skills required.
Other Requirements: Position requires occasional walking and standing with moderate (1-10 lbs.) carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling. The position requires the employee to have close visual acuity to perform job requirements. The position requires speaking, hearing, frequent repetitive movements with the wrists, hands or fingers and picking, pinching or typing with the fingers. This position is located within an office environment and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Are we the company for you? If so, please click on the application link to take a few minutes to complete our official online application so that our recruiters can evaluate if we have a position that may be the best fit for you.
Your application will be kept on file for consideration for future openings. We thank you in advance for providing this detailed information and appreciate your interest in Golden Corral Corporation.
Our commitment to valuing diversity helps create an environment where everyone can be successful.
Golden Corral Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
If you're so hungry you could eat a horse, ride into the Golden Corral. The company operates and franchises more than 480 steak buffet...