United Guaranty Corporation (UGC) has a unique and exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated attorney to join our team as Assistant General Counsel. This position provides legal counsel to the company’s Senior Management as well as assigned business units. The role will include advising the company on a number of legal matters, including representing the company before regulators, courts, and other external clients.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
• Oversee legal matters related to the mortgage insurance business operations of United Guaranty as assigned.
• Advise internal clients on compliance with UGC and AIG policies and procedures.
• Represent United Guaranty to external clients such as industry trade groups, bar associations, and community groups, including through written advocacy and comment letter writing.
• Advise multiple subsidiaries on corporate governance matters.
• Assist with litigation matters.
• Six to ten years’ legal experience preferably advising highly regulated clients.
• Juris Doctorate degree and Member of North Carolina Bar are required. Candidates who are licensed in another state at the time of hire must be willing to obtain a NC license either through comity or by sitting at the next available bar exam.
• Knowledge of the financial services industry, banking, and/or insurance regulation preferred.
• Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal. Preference is given to candidates who have experience with comment letter writing, legislative drafting or other policy-related writing.
• Experience with APA proceedings or other quasi-judicial proceedings.
• Superb client relationship skills and ability to gain the trust and confidence of a wide variety of individuals.
• Technologically savvy, terrific business acumen and a desire to provide excellent client service.
• Ability to handle multiple matters simultaneously and ability to prioritize them effectively within required time frames. Ability to work independently and escalate issues to more senior attorneys, as needed.
Subsidiaries of United Guaranty provide mortgage guaranty insurance throughout the U.S. that protects lenders against mortgage credit losses. In addition, United Guaranty's comprehensive range of financial products and services to lenders and investors includes structured products, innovative pricing options, and comprehensive online support. United Guaranty's international locations include operations in Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, Sydney, London, Madrid, Milan, Budapest, and Mexico City.
United Guaranty Corporation - 20 months ago
Hagan Davis Mangum Barrett & Langley PLLC
- 2 days ago