One of America’s premier heavy civil contractors, The Lane Construction Corporation is the preferred partner to connect and improve the communities and world in which we live. Founded by railroad engineer John S. Lane in 1890, Lane constructs quality highways, bridges, locks, dams, racetracks, and mass transit and airport systems in 20 states. Lane and its 11 affiliates also produce bituminous and precast concrete, and mines aggregates at 70 plants and 11 quarries from Maine to Florida to Texas. In its 121-year history, Lane has never failed to complete a contract.
White Brothers a division of The Lane Construction Corporation would like to announce an opening at our asphalt plant in Westbrook, ME. for an Assistant General Foreman . This candidate will schedule the structure work and coordinate field crews through directives given to foremen as well as plan and schedule all requirements to control labor, equipment and material costs. This individual will be responsible for the timely completion of assigned operations and within budget. An ideal candidate should be flexible with working hours. This position will report to the Sr. Plant Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for highway construction project operations, including safety, quality, scheduling and budget
- Supervising and scheduling grading, drainage, paving, structures and other miscellaneous highway construction crews and subcontractors on a daily basis
- Coordinate with other company Superintendents
- Assist in On-the-Job training
- Take an active role in emphasizing safety, quality and production, leading by example
- Assist Engineers with quantities and productions
- Assist estimators and engineers during the pursuit of new work
- 2- 5 year’s experience working on Paving or Heavy highway projects.
- Experience managing 5 to 10 employees or sub-contractors
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
The Lane Construction Corporation - 14 months ago