CSM Corporation, a leader in the hotel industry has an exciting opening for an Assistant General Manager to provide leadership and hands-on guidance to the hotel staff at the Residence Inn by Marriott, Mesa AZ.
We strive for first class customer service at our properties and seek out the best to realize our agenda! As a leader in the industry, we tirelessly develop, support, and offer the opportunity for our employees to be a part of something big! If CSM’s goals mirror your own, be ready to fulfill your potential while engaging with some of the most outstanding people at CSM.
This position is responsible for assisting in the overall management and operation of the hotel. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. Effective management of assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive employee relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Personally Delivers Exceptional Guest Service: Assists and responds to guests in a friendly and positive fashion, while providing the highest level of service to the guest. Addresses guest needs and concerns in a proactive and effective manner. Sets a strong example for other associates through exemplary guest service.
2. Sales: Works with sales team to ensure needs of negotiated accounts and groups are met in an organized and effective fashion. Communicates the needs of clients as identified on Group Resumes and BEO’s to appropriate hotel staff. Comfortable in taking sales calls or performing walk in tours when necessary. Encourages and incents Guest Services Associates to pass on leads and referrals to the Sales Team.
3. Maximizes Guest Satisfaction Scores: Works with the General Manager to identify potential obstacles to exemplary service. Uses available tools and knowledge to suggest ideas to maximize guest satisfaction scores. Communicates results from guest satisfaction surveys with hotel team and addresses needs and trends that have been identified from the survey results. Works with hotel team to maintain guest satisfaction scores that are within the range deemed acceptable by the brand.
4. Financial Responsibility: Manages expenses according to budgeted/forecasted guidelines to maximize hotel profitability. Responsible for effective labor management of assigned departments through appropriate scheduling and monitoring of payroll. Adjusts expenditures according to fluctuating business needs in a timely manner. Utilizes the CSM procurement system effectively and adheres to the approved vendor network for purchasing. Assists with assigned accounting tasks with emphasis on following accounting procedures as outlined in CSM’s Internal Accounting Audit. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
5. Training and Development: Responsible for assisting with the ongoing training and development of hotel associates and maintaining all necessary training records. Ensures the new hire training process effectively prepares new team members for their positions. Analyzes current training programs and adjusts as needed. Implements new CSM and brand training initiatives in a timely manner. Utilizes training resources effectively and ensures all training requirements are met.
6. People Management: Responsible for effectively interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing hotel associates. Prepares and conducts annual employee reviews in a timely manner. Addresses performance issues accordingly and takes appropriate corrective action to hold employees accountable. Motivates hotel staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback and rewarding/recognizing employees. Effectively addresses areas for improvement determined by CSM’s annual Associate Opinion Survey and communicates results from the survey to the hotel staff in a timely manner.
7. Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management and adjusting personal work schedule as dictated by business needs. Demonstrates clear and effective written and verbal skills. Promotes a productive, professional and collaborative work environment. Provides clear direction to the hotel team. Plays an active role in leading daily team meetings and weekly/monthly departmental/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication and planning occurs.
8. Safety/Risk Management: Leads and participates in monthly Safety Committee Meetings. Assists in conducting routine inspections of the hotel operation/building to maintain standards of CSM, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment. Understands the importance of handling all guest and employee accidents/incidents in a timely and effective manner while following CSM policy. Completes CSM incident reports and follows up within appropriate time frame. Assists in promoting corporate safety programs and initiatives.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience required.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer multi department knowledge/experience. Should possess strong leadership skills. Outstanding organizational skills, the ability to quickly identify priorities and flexibility in assuming additional responsibilities and goals according to the needs of the hotel are essential to the position.
- 2 years ago - save job