Durham School Services is currently seeking an experienced ground transportation manager to serve as Assistant General Manager for our Worcester, MA Customer Service Center. This position will report to the Area General Manager.
Position Responsibilities Include:
Position Requirements Include:
- Providing effective guidance and leadership to the Customer Service Center Team (Drivers, Dispatchers, Office Personnel, and Supervisors)
- Maintaining a strong safety culture and monitoring safety processes/training
- Overseeing the daily operations (driver, routing, and vehicle activities) necessary to ensure employee and customer satisfaction
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable Company policies/procedures, local regulations, and government regulations
- Assisting with establishing and achieving performance goals that are in alignment with Company objectives
- Assisting in the delivery of high quality customer service and maintaining/enhancing customer relationships
- Meeting regularly with school district administrators to review and enhance service quality and performance
- Analyzing financial performance and reviewing findings with Area General Manager
- Resolving a variety of issues and making recommendations
- Ensuring continuous improvement in the areas of safety, operations, finance, etc.
- Assisting the Area General Manager in identifying growth opportunities in the local area
- College education or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of operations management experience
- Experience working in the student transportation or ground transportation industry preferred
- Strong results-oriented leadership skills with proven success in management
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service and employee relations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
- Knowledge of contract administration principles and practices
- Budgetary/fiscal control experience
- Policy administration experience
- Well-developed time-management skills
Benefits : Durham School Services offers a full package of benefits and paid time off.
To Apply: Interested, qualified candidates please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application process below or visit our website at www.durhamschoolservices.com and select the “Join Our Team” tab.
Key Words : Assistant General Manager, General Manager, Assistant Transportation Manager, Transportation Manager, Operations Manager, Contract Manager, Assistant Transportation Director, Transportation Director, Bus, School Bus, Student, Pupil, Passenger, Transportation, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, Transport, Route, Routing, School, Public School, Safety, Passenger Safety, VersaTrans, Synovia, Edulog, Zonar
National Express Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Durham School Services - 2 years ago
Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in passenger transportation, the company serves riders in North America,...