Assistant General Manager-Manhattan Plaza
Related Management is proud to offer an exciting and unique opportunity to a dynamic professional with a proven track record to provide top notch management for our 1,689 unit property located in New York City.
For 40 years as an employer of choice and an owner manager of over 90% of our portfolio, Related offers a generous benefit package; technology that puts us ahead of the competition; and training and support systems that are unmatched. We deliver an exceptional level of respect-based customer service, a commitment to sustainable practices, including the largest smoke free residential initiative in the industry; and a focus on value enhancement that are unparalleled.. We have a growing portfolio of real estate assets which are located in over 15 states. This makes us one of the largest and most diversified privately owned property management firms in the United States.
- Prepare, review and manage capital and expense budgets.
- Coordinate and review monthly financial and operating reports.
- Maintain verbal and written communication with senior management, vendors and tenants (as necessary) regarding issues relating to management responsibilities, including, but not limited to quality control, vendor contract management, maintenance personnel responsibilities, and utilities management.
- Coordinate all leasing and construction activities of all commercial tenants as it relates to connection with base building systems.
- During construction and fit-outs, review and make recommendations to eliminate potential problems and/or improve building operations.
- Manage and update policies, procedures and regulations to effectively manage the property, pertaining, but not limited to, construction work, commercial tenant construction and alterations, and certificate of insurance requirements.
- Stable employment record with substantial experience in building/ financial operations and energy issues, including progressive supervisory experience.
- Ability to provide leadership, supervision, and motivation to a team of diverse skill sets.
- Possess significant experience in resolving conflicts and gaining cooperation among individuals with competing goals
- Effective, clear and affirmative oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a Bachelor’s / Master’s in Finance and/ or Bachelors in Engineering or a related field.
- Working knowledge and ability to utilize desk top computers with software packages such as Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, and particularly Excel.
- Demonstrate strong financial analysis skills, including the use of Excel, the ability to analyze financial statements and the capability to understand and explain variances.
- Ability to work well with individuals such as tenants, trades, unions, vendors, and senior management personnel.
- Demonstrate strong financial and capital planning skills and knowledge.
Related Management has set an exceptional performance benchmark for the responsive and professional management of both affordable and market rate communities. Our philosophy of management is anchored in the respect we have for the needs of our employees, our residents and our investors. We realize that to meet the needs of any of these we must address the needs of all three.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate on the basis of disability.