Duties & Responsibilities: ( Primary Function, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
1. Successful candidate must posess strong inter-personal skills with a proven record of building rapport with culturally diverse
students and their families to insure that each child reaches his/her full potential.
2. Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policy approved by the Davenport Board of Education.
Promotes the entire athletic program and adhere to philosophies and policies of West High School.
Must work to form positive professional relationships with players, coaches, parents, and building staff.
Must possess a positive attitude and enthusiasm for teaching high school student athletes.
Must be willing to attend camps and clinics and expand knowledge in all aspects of coaching.
7. Maintains records of player interest and goals and turns in information, in a timely manner.
8. Assists in the coordination and is actively involved in k-12 develomental programs.
9. Monitors, coordinate, and enforce district academic standards and policies.
10. Coordinates use and care of equipment and facilities /Assist and organize transportation.
11. Maintains and report the season records and statistics before, during and throughtout the season.
12. Cooperate with our Strength and Conditioning Coach and get athletes in weight room.
13. Must be an active participant in our building wide speed and agility and Bulgarian workouts.
14. Must be willing to help organize community outreach/service programs for the team participate in.
15. Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests and grievances through proper channels.
Is aware of
all public / staff / departmental meetings that require attendance.
16. Maintains / emphasizes discipline and demands disciplined behavior from ALL that are involved in the program. Provides and
organizes adequate supervision before, during and after practices/games for all students.
Willingness to perform additional duties as requested by head coach and West administration.
Special Qualifications Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education Skills Needed, Experience, etc.)
1. Iowa Coaching Certification Required
2. Previous tennis coaching or collegiate playing experience preferred.
3. Goal oriented driven individual
4. Must be able to lift, pull, carry up to 50 punds and able to climb stairs and stand for long periods of time.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualfications as the administration may find appropriate and acceptable
6. Please send letter of interest to Human Resource Office at the ASC 1606 Brady Street.
Davenport Community Schools - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -