1. Successful candidate must possess strong inter-personal skills with a proven record of building rapport with culturally diverse
students and their families to insure that each child reaches his/her full potential.
Assist in the responsible for all aspects of the West High Girls Volleyball Program - Grades 9 - 12.
Develop athletes to their fullest potential, starting with teaching basic fundamentals of the sport and progressing to skills beyond
what is considered average.
Responsibilities include supervising students at all practices, contests and on the bus.
Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests and grievances through proper channels.
Is aware of
all public / staff / departmental meetings that require attendance.
Work in cooperation with the Director of Athletics for the Davenport Community School District and in cooperation with the
Athletic Director at West High School.
Monitors, coordinate, and enforce district academic standards and policies.
Must maintain accurate records.
Responsible for maintaining all volleyball equipment and uniforms.
Responsible for scheduling practice times for all students in cooperation with other coaches and the Athletic Office.
10. Willing to work cooperatively with other programs in the building.
11. Assists members, school, and collegiate coaches in all recruiting processes.
12. Will work cooperatively with our strength and conditioning coach to ensure the volleyball program is lifting year round.
13. Will be an active participant in our building wide speed and agility and Bulgarian workouts.
14. Must work within guidelines established by the MAC Conference and the Iowa High School Athletic Union.
15. Will be an active member in the respective state coaches association.
16. Will actively seek to build a feeder program working effectively with the three primary intermediate feeder schools to West High.
17. Willing to work in the summer, on weekends, and at other allowable times in order to maintain a top-notch program.
18. Will manage a volleyball program that wins games and is recognized as outstanding in the MAC Conference and in the State of
Iowa at the same time promoting good sportsmanship and citizenship.
Iowa Coaching Certification is required.
Previous experience coaching volleyball or collegiate playing experience preferred.
Must be able to puch/pull/carry and lift up to 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
Such alternatives to the above qualfications as the Administration may find appropriate and acceptable.
Must be able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs.