Act within a staff team as one of the Assistant Instructors/Coaches for Lake Oswego Parks & Recreation's Girls Youth Lacrosse Program for girls, grades 1-4. Responsible to: Lead Instructors/Coaches, Program Coordinator and Recreation Supervisor. This position is temporary, part-time.
Program runs April - early June:
- Fridays, 3:45 - 6pm
- Numerous Saturdays & Sundays (shifts typically afternoons)
- Required staff training: Sunday, March 10, 1-6pm
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Assist in creating a safe environment that emphasizes fun, positive growth and sportsmanship.
- Contribute in teaching age appropriate skills and game instruction.
- Supervise participants ensuring safety at all times.
- Organize instruction and coaching time for efficiency and balanced attention to each participant.
- Ensure every player has required equipment.
- Respond to emergency situations and provide first aid as necessary.
- Interact and communicate professionally with participants, volunteers, parents, referees and general public.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of women's lacrosse.
- Experience working with youth in recreation/sports setting preferable.
- Willingness to contribute in creating a safe and positive environment.
- Current first aid/CPR certification preferred.
- Ability to communicate professionally.
- Minimum age: 15