• Under supervision, perform landscape architectural work of moderate difficulty and responsibility for our Capital Projects division.
• Prepare landscape architectural contract drawings, specifications and estimates of quantities.
• Investigate and propose solutions to problems of grading, spatial organization and site utilization.
• Examine consultant contract drawings, specifications, and construction estimates; and submit reports.
• Develop landscaping maps and data for existing conditions and for new or proposed additions or changes.
• Assess and monitor progress of construction by reviewing and approving shop drawings and resolving design conflicts.
• Work with resident engineers, arboriculture and horticulture specialists to ensure high standards of horticulture operations as well as preservation and protection of trees; direct proper installation and pruning of trees; hand select and tag quality plant materials at nurseries.
• Monitor construction operations for compliance with contract specifications and documents; supervise site work performed in critical root zones of existing trees and other relevant/necessary aspects of tree preservation and landscape work during construction.
• Conduct site inspections for quality assurance.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited college or university,
accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and one year of full-time satisfactory experience in landscape architectural work; or
2. A valid New York State Registration as a Landscape Architect.
1. Demonstrated ability to design and complete Landscape Architecture projects as demonstrated by a portfolio.
2. Certification as an arborist by the International Society of Arboriculture; or be a registered consulting arborist by the American Society of Consulting Arborists.
3. One year of experience in tree preservation as well as protection, pruning, installation and establishment, diagnosis and treatment of insect and disease problems or other related arboriculture and horticulture services.
4. Knowledge of AutoCAD.
5. Knowledge of PhotoShop, PowerPoint and 3D rendering.
6. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
8. Driver license valid in New York State.
This is an IFA funded position.
* Previous applicants to Job ID # 114061 do not need to reapply.
1) Apply through Employee Self Service (ESS) under Recruiting Activities
2) Search for Job ID# 114686
For all other applicants:
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID# 114686
Olmsted Ctr., Queens
New York City Residency is not required for this position
NYC Careers - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard