Brandywine Realty Trust, a premier commercial Class A full service real estate company with operations nationwide, has an immediate opening for a full-time Assistant Leasing Representative for our Central Virginia region working out of our Richmond, VA office. The role has the primary responsibility of assisting the Senior Leasing Representatives in showing and leasing available space to prospective tenants, renegotiating leases for existing tenants, and producing/distributing required paperwork and reporting documents. The person in this role is expected to learn to perform these duties at a moderate to high level with little or no supervision.
- Assist the Senior Leasing Representatives with interviewing prospective tenants and recording information to ascertain needs and qualifications.
- Create and maintain records on available Brandywine Realty Trust space.
- Create and maintain records on space in competing buildings.
- Create and maintain records on prospective tenants and assist Senior Leasing Representatives in making contact with individuals who make facility decisions for their enterprises.
- Assist in the retention of existing tenants by keeping aware of lease expirations, lease options and changing needs of tenants.
- Learn to conduct marketing of existing space, buildings or land by cold calling and networking with brokers, other industry representatives and targeted companies not already located in a Brandywine property.
- Assist the Senior Leasing Representatives with conducting lease negotiations for prospective tenants (or renegotiation for existing tenants) by showing space, preparing floor plans, preparing deal sheets and gathering and analyzing financial data.
- Inspect vacant space periodically to assure presentable condition and arrange for maintenance or capital improvements, if necessary.
- Track local marketing statistics, including competitive properties, and compile and maintain listings of available space.
- Continue to foster working relationships with tenants after the initial move in.
- Foster working relationships with the brokerage, business, governmental and industry communities.
- Coordinate preparation of lease documentation with internal and/or external attorneys for new, renewing or lease modifications.
- Ensure compliance with company's required lease administration, including preparation of final deal sheet, lease abstract, tenant financial review and press release.
- Perform special projects as needed and directed by supervisory personnel.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- Ability to use and learn computer software packages use in the Real Estate Industry.
- Current, valid driver's license and personal automobile insurance.
- VA Real Estate license required. The company will provide the funding and training to obtain the required license.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.