COMPONENT LAB ASSISTANT MANAGER
Department: Component Lab
Reports To: Component Lab Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: St. Paul, MN
Full Time, 1st-2nd shift
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Manage Component Laboratory staff and coordinates operations associated with routine processing and testing of blood and blood components. Ensures quality systems are implemented, maintained and monitored to remain compliant with regulatory and accrediting agencies. Provides personnel management, adequate training and performance appraisals to laboratory staff. Supports and promotes organizational goals, mission and vision.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
% OF TIME SPENT
PROCESS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
20% - Laboratory Technical Work
• Routine Processing
• Daily Paperwork Review
• Cal Man paperwork
• Supply ordering & control
20% - Staffing & Workflow
• Employee management
• Lab Meetings
• Annual Reviews
25% - Quality
• Trackwise Error Management
• Initiate MRB evaluations
• Root Cause Analysis
• Validation writing, executing & review
• Assist with monthly & quarterly quality reports
• Oversee proficiency testing
• Participate in internal and external inspections
• Ensure IT system is accurate—request changes to system as needed
15% - Training & Education
• Competency assessment development
• Assist with SOP development & validation
10% - Project Management
• Lead laboratory and MBC initiatives
10% - Support MBC Objectives
• Annual Goals
• Key Results
III. FORMAL PREPARATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science plus 5 years laboratory experience, Medical Technologist (MT) preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant technical experience in a laboratory environment. Experience in a cGMP regulated environment preferred. Previous leadership or supervisory experience preferred.
Work Environment: Noise level is usually moderate and fast-paced. Performance of this job could expose employee to blood-borne pathogens.
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Vision abilities required include close vision, color differentiation, hear activity at operations, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Innovative Blood Resources - 12 months ago