Assists the Custodial & Event Services Manager with the day to day operations of the Custodial & Event Services Department including supervision of staff, servicing of clients, and securing and issuing appropriate work products to meet overall daily operation needs. Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager.
Provides supervision of the Custodial and Event Services staff including making hire and termination recommendations; setting performance standards, sustainable cleaning practices, and providing written performance evaluations and feedback; plans, schedules, and resolves work flow challenges; develops new work methods when appropriate; assigns work to maximize group strengths; consults with Manager and implements disciplinary actions as warranted; and coaches, develops and provides training and motivation to make full use of individual capabilities and to meet changing operating demands. Monitors all staff time and attendance records. Supervises multiple work shifts, which requires availability to respond to non-routine occurrences requiring quick decisions and follow up actions. Establishes standards of cleanliness for custodial staff to ensure facilities are cleaned regularly and are well maintained. Conducts routine inspections to ensure work quality maintained. Ensures the safe handling of hazardous chemicals and materials. Establishes standards of service for event set-up and break down to ensure client requests are met with timely, quality service. Coordinates with other groups to ensure smooth execution of events.Coordinates the purchasing and maintenance of appropriate supply levels. Ensures compliance with all governmental regulations for activities performed by the custodial and event service section. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested including and not limited responsibilities as a first responder 24/7 for campus emergencies
- Over 3 – less than 5 years of supervisory experience of a multi skilled workforce of 10 or more employees including the establishment or work schedules that maximize utilitization of staff. Experience preferred with multiple services (e.g. custodial, event set up/break down, event servicing, a/v coordination).
- Proficiency in the use of PC and Microsoft software (excel, word, outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and writing skills needed to clearly communicate instructions to support staff.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple functions and priorities in an efficient manner. Ability to maintain composure, tact, sensitivity and flexibility during peak periods and crisis intervention situations.
- Ability to read and understand building and infrastructure plans.
- Ability to manage people and coordinate work efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to use technology to research information associated with campus maintenance
- Work evenings and weekends as necessary; be accessible and available in the event of emergencies or when needed to meet the ongoing mission of KS.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in management or related field.
- Experience overseeing construction projects and working with consultants, contractors and vendors
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA rules and regulations
- Experience with Green Seal™ certification
- Proven experience in working with a workforce of varying skill levels
- Sensitivity with Hawaiian culture and Christian values.
- Experience and knowledge of school operations.
- Knowledge of the interrelationship of various departments to ensure the smooth coordination of the work.
Kamehameha Schools - 2 years ago
Kamehameha Schools provides an education fit for a king ... or queen. The private charitable trust was founded and endowed by Princess...