University of Maryland in Baltimore, Department of Facilities Management currently has multiple openings for the Assistant Manager of Housekeeping position. The selected candidate directs and coordinates the delivery of housekeeping services for a designated area. Manages a staff of Housekeepers, coordinates with administrators in Schools and Departments to assure seamless and timely service delivery, and collaborates with other Facilities Management service delivery units to deliver consistent services that enable the success of our Schools. Duties include supervision of staff, quality assurance, program development, delivery and evaluation, and emergency management.
- Supervises the daily operation of Housekeepers and assigns duties in a designated area to ensure cleanliness and orderly condition.
- Ensures all housekeeping functions are delivered efficiently and effectively for assigned area.
- Evaluates, trains, coaches and schedules staff as needed. Participates in the hiring process and delivers progressive disciplinary action when required.
- Provides visual inspection and service quality assurance in areas of responsibility. Monitors work in progress and ensures compliance with projected results, service delivery schedules and standards.
- Evaluates unanticipated and emergency service needs that arise during shift, determines level of action required and tasks staff accordingly. Determines strategy and provides follow-up with occupants in affected area.
- Serves as working supervisor to meet the demands and needs of the situation. Acts in the capacity of the Shift Manager in their absence.
- Communicates and coordinates with customers, peers and other organization units as necessary to deliver the housekeeping program and to support the success of other programs
- Oversees and recommends changes to the internal operating procedures.
- Prepares reports and makes recommendations to improve the quality of services, cost control, and customer and employee satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible related experience on a scale similar to the requirements of the job is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
- Skills in leadership, coaching, and teambuilding to strengthen and cultivate relationships.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations (such as OSHA regulations).
- Ability to analyze, compare and interpret facts and make sound judgments.
- Familiar with the concepts, best practices, and procedures in the field.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects in order to meet established goals and objectives.
- Skill in continuously seeking to improve the quality of services and processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Closing Deadline: 12/19/2012
Original Posting Date: 12/05/2012
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.