JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
• Assist Mgr, Regional Distribution Center in managing and overseeing regional warehouse work operations
1. Ensure warehouse inventory transactions are completed on the scanner guns in accordance with procedures.
2. Account for all stock transfers and ensure proper rotation of products, including the rotation of new or revised labels.
3. Coordinate the maintenance of appropriate product inventory levels and order paperwork flow and maintenance of open order report with Distribution Administrator.
4. Develop and oversee implementation of warehouse safety procedures and ensure facility security based on knowledge of current health and safety codes and practices.
5. Oversee investigation, correction of freight discrepancies for shipments and audit customer orders, including bills of lading and shipping manifests to detect errors; input errors and communicate to Mgr, Regional Distribution Center.
6. Train, staff, monitor adherence, supervise, coordinate, and review the work of warehouse personnel on multiple shifts to ensure compliance with proper operating procedures and administrative practices.
7. Maintain inventory of warehouse shipping supplies, including shrink wrap, empty pallets, and shipping tape; advise Mgr, Regional Distribution Center and Regional Transportation Administrator regarding problems and inventory control needs.
8. Coordinate weekly cycle counts with Supply Chain.
9. Monitor order-picking process to ensure accuracy for orders and ensure orders are shipped with proper products, tinting and documentation.
10. Perform job duties and assume responsibilities associated with Mgr, Regional Distribution Center in manager’s absence.
Educational attainment equivalent to high school education
Thorough inventory management and warehousing experience, including work in a supervisory capacity is required
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR POSITION:
Thorough knowledge of inv control, ordering, stock rotation, product storage, freight shipping and receiving practices
Leadership and supervisory principles and techniques
Knowledge of Regional Distribution Center administration practices
Knowledge of safety and security practices
Ability to train, supervise, coordinate, and inspect the work performed by assigned staff
Ability to operate a forklift, reach truck, rider jack, wrapper machine, order picker, computer, tint machine and slip sheet machine attachment