At Crayola, we believe that unleashing the wonder, adventure and daydreams of every child begins with creative play and color. Our products give colorful wings to the invisible things that are in the hearts and minds of children. Help us create innovative products that inspire children by joining us as a...
ASSISTANT MANAGER, RETAIL
THE CRAYOLA EXPERIENCE
GENERAL SUMMARY :
The Assistant Manager, Retail Operations is responsible for managing retail operations at the The Crayola Experience. Responsibilities include creating an environment that will inspire shoppers and guests to achieve the ultimate engagement in the Crayola brand. Establishes annual inventory metrics and maintaining optimal inventory levels, including verification of incoming and outgoing shipments. This role is also responsible for establishing and tracking critical supply chain metrics and identifying and addressing any issues/opportunities. Required to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Serve as a key member of the TCE management team to deliver on established performance and experience standards
- Achieve revenue, profitability objectives for the Store
- Participate in the Manager of the Day rotation and assume overall management responsibility across all departments as “Manager of the Day”.
- Manages retail personnel with responsibility for recruiting/hiring, onboarding/training, time & attendance management, performance management and terminations.
- Oversees critical operational processes such as inventory and supply chain management, loss prevention, etc.
- Responsible for in-depth analytics around revenue and profitability to understand performance vs goals, identify key issue and opportunities and develop required action plans.
- Develop inventory management tools/reporting to assess inventory position across all items carried, develop recommendations of inventory target levels for approval by Guest Services Manager.
- Conduct on-going analysis of inventory levels to identify any potential issues with insufficient or excess inventory.
- Develop and implement annual supply chain metrics and track performance on an on-going basis
- Track supply chain levels and worth with Supply chain at corporate to resolve any issues and address opportunities for improvement. If unable to resolve independently, raise key issues to the Guest Services Manager for further direction
- Lead/conduct cycle counting process, ensure accurate inventory level tracking.
- Perform yearly physical inventory of entire TCS
- Ensure effective tracking of inventory loss – theft, damaged good handling and recording, etc
- Verify and reconcile incoming/outgoing shipments, process receiving into POS, and process invoicing to accounting.
- Follow and audit inventory storage policies in TCS stockroom as well as any offsite storage
JOB SPECIFICATIONS :
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain or operations preferred
- 3 years retail supervisory experience.
- 2 years’ experience working with shipping, receiving and other inventory procedures
- Required to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong communication and analytical skills required
- Retail operations knowledge including inventory control, personnel management, loss prevention, retail systems, buying, merchandising, guest service and store budget preparation.
- Position requires physical duties involving regularly lifting fixture parts and cartons weighing at least 40 pounds.
We offer competitive salary, outstanding benefits and the potential for advancement through the use of creative abilities. Interested candidates MUST apply ON LINE AT www.crayola.com. Click on the "About Crayola" Link and visit our Career Center to apply. No phone calls please. Equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in a drug-free and smoke-free setting. M/F/D/V
Search Firm Representatives:
Please Read Carefully.
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crayola LLC via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at Crayola LLC in any form without valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Crayola LLC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crayola LLC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Crayola LLC, and we value the partnerships we have built with our vendors. For this reason, Crayola LLC has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list. Please note that even preferred vendors need to have a written search agreement signed by Human Resources at Crayola LLC in place for the specific position in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.
Crayola - 20 months ago
Crayola has cornered the market on colors. The crayon maker's 10 most popular colors include blue, red, violet, green, carnation pink,...