Assistant Manager- Aventura
“To inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow”
As a LEGO Assistant Store Manager, you will help ensure that the LEGO Brand, Vision, and Values are exemplified in all store operations and guest interactions. In partnership with the Store Manager, you will empower the team around you to drive sales and build our brand by providing a world-class experience for every guest.
Department Focus Area:
To create an environment where creativity and imagination define the future of play with outstanding results in both consumer experience and sales performance. Through our interactive guest experience, which includes LEGO Club meetings, free monthly mini builds, birthday parties, in-store play, and Design byME, LEGO Brand Retail strives to foster relationships with our guests that transcend generations and are as timeless as the products we sell.
As an Assistant Store Manager for LEGO Brand Retail you are the face of our company; you and your team will determine our brand’s reputation with each guest interaction. LEGO Brand Retail is looking for people who:
- Motivate, energize, and inspire others to outstanding performance in sales and guest service.
- Cultivate a positive, team-oriented, safety-first environment that produces superior results.
- Love to Play and believe it can build relationships and enrich people’s lives.
- Are passionate about leading a team to provide a world-class guest experience.
- Maintain impeccable housekeeping, cleanliness, and merchandising standards.
- Thrive by empowering others through setting a clear direction and providing regular coaching and support.
- Believe that our future success depends on developing the leaders of tomorrow, today.
- Are excited about the opportunity for anticipating and responding to a constantly changing environment.
30% Results Orientation:
Your primary responsibility is collaborating closely with the Store Manager to deliver results by prioritizing time and effort, going beyond goals set by others, and finding motivation in raising store performance to the maximum. You will be expected to:
30% Guest Service:
- Demonstrate a strong urge for excellence.
- Work hard to meet and exceed planned sales and Key Performance Indicator targets.
- Overcome obstacles, setbacks, and uncertainty.
- Help monitor cash handling, inventory, product turn, payroll costs, and shrink.
- Maximize efficiency and profit margin by maintaining sound operational practices.
LEGO Brand Retail believes that one of the key elements of building and sustaining our Brand Loyalty is providing a world-class guest experience to every person who walks into a LEGO Store. You will be expected to:
15% Team Leadership:
- Partner with the Store Manager to ensure execution of the “5 Points of a Sale.”
- Strive to complete all monthly mystery shops with an average score of at least 85%.
- Maximize repeat business by creating guest service survey NPS promoters.
- Inspire and coach associates to consistently deliver exceptional guest service.
- Model the behavior you want to see and be the expert in providing a world-class experience.
As a LEGO Assistant Store Manager, you will use your leadership ability to focus, align, and drive the team around you to continued success. You will be expected to:
15% People Development:
- Help recruit, define, and develop a highly productive, efficient, and collaborative team.
- Effectively communicate with your team through active coaching and performance management.
- Inspire the team to provide a world-class guest experience that sets LEGO apart.
- Assist the Store Manager in ensuring continuous learning with regular product knowledge updates and service training.
An essential part of growing our brand is growing our people. Together with the Store Manager, your attention to, and support for, the individual development of your employees is an integrated part of enhancing organizational productivity. You will be expected to:
- Articulate what “world-class” looks like.
- Inspire employees to unlock their potential utilizing the LEGO Core Competencies.
- Assist the Store Manager in conducting effective interviews and overseeing subsequent training.
- Build the bench for future growth by helping identify and develop top candidates for promotion.
As part of the LEGO Brand Retail team, you must be effective in working with your peers, partners, and others to drive big-picture business performance and create a positive, cooperative working environment. You will be expected to:
***This list is not exhaustive, and the employee may be required to undertake such tasks as can be reasonably expected within the scope and broad banding of the role.***
- Work closely with your Store Manager, District Manager, and store team to maximize performance and sales.
- Help facilitate close communication between your store and the Brand Retail Operations leadership teams.
- Seek out opportunities to think beyond your own business area and implement new ideas.
Being a superior Assistant Store Manager can lead to future opportunities with LEGO. Seasoned and high performing Assistant Store Managers may have the opportunity to grow into new roles, such as a Store Manager.
Assistant Store Managers need to have the following to succeed:
- At least two years of management experience in a high volume, multi-unit, specialty retail environment.
- Previous experience with and knowledge of:
- Point of Sale systems
- Budgeting / P&L Statements / Margins
- Loss prevention and cash management
- Recruitment, selection, and training
- Performance management / conflict resolution
- Scheduling and payroll management
- Space management and visual merchandising
- Effective organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Computer savvy is a big plus.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
The LEGO Group - 2 years ago
The LEGO Group, a privately-held firm based in Billund, Denmark. The LEGO Group is committed to the development of children's creative and...