The Assistant Manager will manage, organize, and participate in the daily dining service activities. He or she will demonstrate hands on personnel management, customer service, pro-active leadership, and achieve quality food sanitation and customer service goals. The successful candidate will be able to clearly, proactively, and concisely communicate, demonstrate and explain work assignments and expectations. The Assistant Manager will maintain unit sanitation, safety and appearance to ensure food quality standards. In addition, he or she will participate in planning employee schedules and adjustments, hiring process including interviewing of prospective applicants. The Assistant Manager will train, instruct, and assess daily and annual performance of job duties to ensure high quality food presentation, sanitation, and customer service. This position will be responsible for fiscal management responsibilities, including payroll, scheduling, inventory, waste, ordering, time and cash reconciliation. This position will also be responsible for operation and maintenance of food service and point of sales equipment as well as other related duties as assigned.
* Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of experience.
* Self motivated, highly energetic, organized, and results-oriented professional with three- to five-years food and beverage experience in progressively responsible positions. *Supervisory experience with ability to motivate and instruct others.
* High quality standards as well as exceptional knowledge of food service procedures and practices.
* Ability to manage and work effectively with students, faculty, and staff clientele in high volume and fast-paced environment.
* Must have strong communication, human relations, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to coordinate and gain the cooperation of a large and diverse staff. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends throughout the year.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Bachelor's degree. Bilingual English/Spanish skills helpful.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.