The Assistant Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager, and is responsible for providing support for all home delivery services for the designated market area. Position involves giving direction, and measuring success of the overall delivery operation in coordination with the Market Manager.
• Assist in the management of the day to day operations of contracted drivers, which includes but is not limited to: maintaining Motor Carrier schedules, maintaining positive working relationships with Motor Carriers.
• Manage the dispatch of Motor Carriers and resolve issues and opportunities throughout the day.
• Monitor Motor Carriers deliveries daily.
• Assist Market Manager in identifying problem areas, and offer substantive solutions to improve operational efficiencies.
• Adhere and enforce all operational procedures and policies.
• Other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Two year degree or equivalent work experience.
• Prior experience in management.
• Computer proficiency.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Strong leadership ability.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to prioritize work load and manage time.
3PD, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All candidates are subject to criminal background and drug screenings