DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
Communicates fashion trend information to store associates to promote product knowledge. Assists Merchandise Manager in translating the trend into effective visual presentation. Ensures that the presentation standards are in line with the company direction and consistently represents the brand image. Demonstrates customer service standards (Friendly, Helpful, Passionate, Real) Reports to: Store Manager. In higher volume stores reports to Merchandise Manager. Supervises: Store associates – when acting as MOD.
– Leads associates in the implementation of plan adjustments that are in response to daily and weekly KPI results. Meets rewards goals and reinforces behavior that supports Check Check Match through positive recognition and feedback. Acts as MOD, when necessary, and gives feedback by use of observation sheet and supporting Check Check Match. Responds to customer feedback. Maintains KPI standards.
– Assists with the recruitment and training of sales associates, when needed. Provides product and trend information to associates. Provides feedback to management on associate performance and associates on customer service model. Participates in the training of the stocking, receiving and recovery procedures for sales associates. Assists with the on-boarding of new hires. Ensures compliance to Company Policies & Procedures. Assists with daily associate relations issues and annual performance management process.
- Associate and Team Development
– Assists in managing store-wide merchandising standards by identifying and responding to customer purchase trends. Participates in and leads associates in merchandise/visual placement, shipment processing and store recovery. Assists with transfers and merchandise RTV according to company policy. Maintains sales floor integrity including loading the sales floor weekly and maintaining tagging standards. Manages price adjustments and markdown management. Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager. Ensures store is compliant with established "Brand Experience" standards.
– Ensures consistency in daily housekeeping. Ensures all inventory and pricing directives are implemented. Leads by example to ensure our customer’s experience is exceptional. Opens and closes store in rotation with management staff. Leads others by example regarding company policy and procedural compliance. Maintains Loss Prevention and Safety standards. Adheres to daily store cleaning, recovery and maintenance. Reviews communication materials (Footnotes, memos, e-mail, etc). Uses monthly Ops Assessment to identify and correct operational deficiencies in the store.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proven ability to motivate others
Minimum high school graduate. Some college preferred
Minimum 2 years retail experience required
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
DSW Inc. - 24 months ago