DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
Assists in leading store associates to deliver an inspiring and uniquely responsive customer experience through service that is friendly, enthusiastic, passionate and real. Assists in developing and implementing action plans that meet service levels and balance task completion. Assists Store Manager and/or Operations Manager with inventory control and financial processes. Reports to Store Manager. In higher volume stores reports to Operations Manager. Supervises Store associates – when acting as MOD.
– Leads associate engagement to achieve sales and service goals. Provides leadership and communicates to team members the Check, Check, Match and DSW Rewards programs. Anticipates, monitors and responds to changing service level requirements. Conducts associate huddles, monitors associate service behaviors and conducts coaching sessions with individuals using Check, Check, Match resources. Models Manager on Duty behaviors. Drives results and responds to daily and weekly KPI performance. Responds to customer feedback.
– Helps identify training needs and provides associate training. Communicates associate goals and provides coaching. Seeks opportunities for personal performance growth and demonstrates interest in building leadership skills. Provides development opportunities for associates that support company growth. Assists with the on-boarding of new hires. Ensures compliance to Company Policies & Procedures. Assists with daily associate relations issues and annual performance management process.
- Associate and Team Development
– Participates in and leads associates in merchandise placement, shipment processing and store recovery when acting as the MOD. Assists in the communication and execution of presentation standards that are consistent with brand image. Ensures store is compliant with established ”Brand Experience” standards
– Assists in monitoring of associates’ compliance to all company policies and procedures. Takes a lead role in all inventory control functions – including shipping and receiving, financial processes and building maintenance. Assists with the management of processes related to clearance merchandise, unit markdowns and damaged products. Identifies and responds to store housekeeping issues. Participates in and leads shrink awareness training. Leads others in LP compliance. Uses monthly Ops Assessment to identify and correct operational deficiencies in the store. Assists manager with timekeeping system and related processes. Opens and closes store in rotation with management team. Assists with the upkeep of store back office/stockroom, front register area and administration of store procedures. Assists with the maintenance requests and resolutions while maintaining a log of store equipment issues. Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate others
- Minimum high school graduate. Some college preferred
- Minimum 2 years retail experience required
DSW Inc. - 15 months ago