Under direction of General Manager or Restaurant Manager, portions and prepares food items prior to serving, such as coffee, tea and sauces according to policies and procedures. Other duties include greeting guest, offering refills on beverages/food in the dining room, ringing orders on the Point of Sale (cash register), counting money, and maintaining a sanitary dining room and counter area work station on assigned shift. In the absence of the General Manager or Restaurant Manager will supervise the employees and tasks. This will include opening and closing the restaurant and working in the customer service area or the kitchen area.
Must be 18 years of age or older. Positions are full-time, 36 hours or more.
1. Performs tasks as outlined in the Assistant Manager Job description.
2. Maintains weekly work schedules for store team members, assures that adequate staff is maintained and properly trained.
3. Assists staff during high volume periods as needed.
4. Ensures that all company policies and procedures are practiced and enforced.
5. Ensures food product quality through monitoring of product shelf life, expiration dates, rotation, product turnover and maintaining proper temperature requirements.
6. Maintains company health score standards (90% or above).
7. Reviews Shopper scores and makes necessary improvements and/or adjustments in order to exceed guest expectations.
8. Establishes and promotes good will and positive dining experience for guests.
9. Assists General Manager with cost control documents such as weekly sheet cost control, inventory, and administration prep sheets.
10. Forecasts sales, controls labor and operational costs based on periodic trends in order to promote same store sales increases and improved cash flow. Meets weekly cost sheet targets.
11. Participates in and establishes image-building activities within the local community.
12. Ensure that building and equipment are properly maintained, including but not limited to, any recommended or necessary preventative maintenance that may be required.
13. Ensures that federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances are practiced and enforced, including but not limited to, wage and hour and discrimination laws.
14. Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
1. Performs other essential duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 18 years of age to operate motor driven equipment
• Minimum 1 year prior supervisory or progressive management experience in quick-service or full service chain restaurant organization.
• Knowledge of all restaurant policies, practices and operational and human resources procedures
• Knowledge of all federal, state, and local laws, regulations and codes as they apply to daily operation of restaurants
• Excellent grammar, verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills to both individuals and groups
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Good working knowledge of personal computer with e-mail applications
• High school degree or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Continuously utilizes speech, hearing, near vision, eye/hand coordination, color definition, manual/bi-manual dexterity. Frequently stands, walks, reaches above shoulders, bends, lift and/or carries up to 25 lbs., works closely with others. May require difficult work positions. Occasionally utilizes sense of taste and smell, far vision, step stool, works around chemicals/cleaners, walks on uneven surfaces, lifts and/or carries up to 50 lbs., operates vehicle.
Days and hours may vary according to business necessity, including weekends, evenings, and/or holidays. Standard restaurant working conditions. May require travel by both automobile and air. May be exposed to extreme weather conditions during travel, including heat, cold, dust, rain, snow, etc.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.
Captain D's - 17 months ago
If you like eating at Captain D’s Seafood Restaurant, you’ll love working here. We offer a fun, fast-paced environment and the...